• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

faux 890. Am I nuts?

just me

I have an M37 and an M38 so I have some real MVs, but the paint has once again died on my 90 D250 CTD. I'm done painting it expensive clear coated finishes. I have the patterns for the 70's camo and I also have a gallon of the correct 70's lusterless gray for the Navy. I think I'm going to make an M890 out of it. I've already got the BO lighting for it. It needs upholstery, so doing it in canvas or vinyl is easy enough. Have to relocate the licence plate for the pintle and make a front bumper. Ornis this just a dumb idea?

N1265

I would paint it the gray or green and stencle it approperatly, but I would not camo it or add the BO light kit and pintle hitch.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not all had the BO kit installed so that isn't a must. I would 890 it in a second. I like the 34052 used my the Marines.

just me

BO and Pintle are a must to match all the other MV's around here. (And, well, I do have them.) What I found out I don't have a spare of is the trailer receptacle.
Where did they mount the jumper cable port, or were they not equipped due to the 12V system?

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They were selectively installed, and mainly only on the 24V radio trucks.

I'd say skip the BO system (mine doesn't have it and I don't intend on installing it as of right now). but throw the pintle on and paint it up.

michigandon

ALL vehicles from that era suffer from "water based primer syndrome" something fierce. I would militarize a 1st gen Cummins in a heartbeat! In fact, there was a D350 for sale here locally that I contemplated mounting an M105 bed on and painting the cab appropriately.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks