• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Favor Request in CT

SurfinCR

First let me say hello to everyone since i am new here.
i joined the site in order to find out as much as i can about the m35 series trucks. i am considering buying one but want to make sure i know what i am getting into before diving in blind. With that being said i was wondering if anyone close to central Ct or southern mass has an m35 i could look at and/or give me a walk through? or if someone knows where one is on display.

the reading has been great on the site however nothing compares with actually seeing something to get the full idea on size, features etc.

Thanks for any help.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Welcome to the site. The M35s are 3x bigger than most pickups. If you were to go look at a Chevy C-60 or 6500, that would give you an idea. I'm sure someone here will pipe up soon though.

RodUSMC1962

Welcome from Indiana! Is there a national guard or reserve center near you?In our area these units still use some of these.Im sure some of the local ss guys would be glad to help you out.The ss guys are great about helping any one they can.

SurfinCR

Welcome from Indiana! Is there a national guard or reserve center near you?In our area these units still use some of these.Im sure some of the local ss guys would be glad to help you out.The ss guys are great about helping any one they can.
There is one located right up the street from where i grew up, years ago they had them displayed right up front. However these days they appear to have scaled back quite a bit so there hasnt been any military vehicles parked in the area for a long time.

i'll have to keep an eye out for those chevy's,

vtdeucedriver

Keep posting on here, Im sure that someone is in your area is a SS'er. Its seems you cant swing a dead cat without hitting one these days.

DeucesWild11

There are a few guys not too far from ya.. I am sure they will chime in at some point.. There is the Map under the Resources section as well but many don't post their location.. I'm just under 2 hours from ya..

WarrenD

Welcome. Be sure to check out the local MV club, COMVEC. We meet once a month and our annual show is June 9, 2012. Go to COMVEC.org and you'll find details for how to attend one of our meetings. You don't need an MV to join and there are several deuces in the club with as many owners eager to show them off. M37s are nice, too! :D

dstang97

Welcome. Be sure to check out the local MV club, COMVEC. We meet once a month and our annual show is June 9, 2012. Go to COMVEC.org and you'll find details for how to attend one of our meetings. You don't need an MV to join and there are several deuces in the club with as many owners eager to show them off. M37s are nice, too! :D
yeah thats your best bet. Welcome

kerismo

I joined for the same reason, Sorry no duece here (yet)
Ended up buyin my unimog instead. But last years comvec show was great!
Im near derby, if I can help out let me know.

Vintage iron

My buddy lives in Meriden Ct. He has two Deuces and he is selling the spare soon. The one he is selling is a 1984 M35a2 wo/w softtop, it has the bows but no cargo cover, The truck has almost no rust and has low miles too. I know he is spending the extra money to fix the small things that were missing when he bought it.

skidunits4you

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In central ma here have a m35 converted to fire engine and m939 5 ton converted to fire engine. Also a M916a1 tractor if your in the area would show them off anytime

palskidoo

In the same boat...

I am also new to this site trying to learn as much as I can about the M35A2's. I plan to purchase one as a graduation present to myself after college. Im in central CT hoping someone who owns one of these trucks won't mind teaching me a few things and pointing out what to avoid or look for when purchasing.

FYI- Im looking for a bobbed A2

Please let me know if you have made any headway and maybe we can swap information.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Surfin hasn't been on since March. Don't expect a reply any time soon

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks