• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fayettvile, NC to Maine

MaiNiaK

I had gotten a shipping quote of $2,500. When I called back the next day they said I needed expedited shipping which would cost &3,800. Due to 8 business days to get the truck. As far as I knew all auctioned vehicles have to be gotten within 8 business days.

So I'm in the process of planning a road trip to pick up my M1078. It's not on base but at a subcontracted storage yard. I plan to bring friend who works on logging trucks and cars and a car so I can bring everything I could possibly need for tools and charging. That way I'd also have a way to go get parts if needed.

I plan to do a pre trip check, outline in the M1078 tm. Including checking the differentials for water and topping them off, oil, coolant, air/brake lines. The one concern is the GP inspection said the headlights weren't operational. I will try to fix this before heading out.

I plan to stay in Fayettvile at a motel after retrieving the M1078. So I can check everything over and charge or replace the batteries.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

MaiNiaK

Millage is 845 miles.

I'm getting a transfer plate from my local town office and a rider on my insurance.

dmetalmiki

Good luck and all the best on your recovery, you seem to be well prepared for any contingency, keep us posted and with pictures.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
It's at the back lot of AAA Towing in Fayetteville. Don't let them do any work on it. If it runs and drives I'm sure you could negotiate a small fee to have them hold on to it. Or ask bikeman to pick it up and I can get it back to CT at a reasonable price in the next few weeks. I have 2 trucks already being picked up next week I'm sure I will get another soon that can be brought back with yours though.

MaiNiaK

It needs a jump or I have spare battery's I could bring with me.

I talked to a local that could get it the week of the 15th and bring it right to me. For 2,800. He just needs a ramp. I should talk to Bikeman again and ask him if there's a ramp where he parks them. It's suppose to be off AAA's lot by the 15th, I'm not sure if they have a ramp. I have no number for them though.

It would be a relief to just have the thing safe until it can be hauled..!!

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't have a ramp in my AO, but I can get you a valid number for AAA and find a ramp... I've been meaning to find one. Seems like I should be able to.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
They will not help at aaa and I'm not sure you would want them to. Many of the trucks have no batteries. Fluids may not be correct GP takes drained trucks and adds fluids then jumps them off another truck. Its around 1100 bucks to get it back to CT if I do it with another truck.

MaiNiaK

The driver from Maine just called me to see if he needed to line up a load to NC.

I need to call You again Bikeman let me know when is convenient.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hit me up tomorrow morning. I'm going to try to head to the local gun show around 10 or so. if you can hit me before then it's cool, otherwise shoot me a text so I can get outside.

MaiNiaK

Thank you for the offer to Suprman. But I'd still need to do a recovery from Connecticut, Fluid change and battery's.

I see you are a Vendor. You wouldn't happen to have oil, fuel and air filters for an M1078?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks