• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FDC inlet cracked

Dan6wd

Hello guys, it appears as though I have been driving for A few months with as crack in the inlet of my fdc. I realised it when it got so bad that diesel was spraying all over everywhere! does anyone have, or know where I can get a new fdc? My truck had just been decomissioned from the military when i accuired it, also it came with an military work order that showed 10,000 worth of replacement parts, the injector pump was one of them. Apparently the tech overtightened the fuel pipe fitting and slightly cracked the housing, which I just found out is made of aluminum! I understand the fdc bypass, however if I rerouth the return line as the diagram shows I will have fuel coming back out of the damaged fdc inlet hole. I have seen in an earlier thread where someone had A simple metal plate where the fdc would normally be. I wonder where the small fuel return line, from the injectors would route to? The only numbers on the fdc are, bendix zenith 10951200

Attachments

Dan6wd

yes robb I'll take it, can you be sure it's not leaking? PM me your addy so I can mail you A money order tomorrow, I need it asap, as my duece is broke down in my friends yard and he needs it moved!

Dan6wd

As more and more people view this thread, I have made arrangements with, rob, however if you have one you would like to sell yourself, I am in the buying spare parts mood right now.

bottleworks

I understand the fdc bypass, however if I rerouth the return line as the diagram shows I will have fuel coming back out of the damaged fdc inlet hole.
The military suggested way to bypass the FDC tries to use all the existing fittings for a quick, cheap bypass. So it looks confusing. No fuel touches the FDC once it's bypassed. It just may look that way in some pictures. I have a plug in each hole of my FDC. The IP head is piped directly to the final fuel filter.

bottleworks

I wonder where the small fuel return line, from the injectors would route to?
If your injector return line is going to your FDC, then your lines are configured wrong. It should be tee-ed into the return of the IP head (towards the front of the engine).

Dan6wd

bottleworks, sorry for the confusion I caused. I said it was the fuel return to the compensator, it is actually the fuel outlet from the compensator. There were suggestions of pipe plugging both the fdc inlet and outlet ports, however I am not able to do this with the inlet, because thats where it is cracked. It is cracked on the outside at the top all the way inside of the threads, therfore making the hole bigger than what it should be. Even if there is no fuel running to the compensator, condensation would find A way in the crack.