• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Feedback - CUCV

Ruppster

Member of questionable origins
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What do you reccommend then? Any other type and I will also search for batteries too but I am asking your opinion?
If you have the funds I would say go with the yellow tops. But if money is tight then you should be able to get by with the red tops.

Ruppster

dstang97

Classifieds: Sure I have two posts I want in classifieds. No lie there but as you can see, I have several CUCV's and HMMWV's that I am building up so mainly I am seeking info too!

No harm or offense taken asking me if I want a classified ad!
You should try Craigslist. It's free, No post counts, and you won't annoy people.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dang!!!
I try to use the search feature too, but you have to sift through pages of stuff to find the one thread that is similiar.
If you use the advanced search, it will cut out alot of dissimilar posts.:beer:

original

The more you type, the more the hype. Stop feeding the bears and you'll be fine. A fools voice is made known through a multitude of (pointless) words. Just ask your questions, you will get answers. Leave the bear food out of it.

JUNKYARDJOHN

I consider myself of above average mechanical abuility, but I'm pretty well computor illiterate. So I have a really tuff time making this thing work, so as a result,.. I read alot of other peoples posts looking for problems simular to my own & don't spell so pretty good either. I'm from an era of rotary dial telephones, louvers & flames. But I'm capable of learning. shoot... I just got rid of my 8-tracks. I've come to the conclusion that theres some majical sh!t going on in that black box next to me. rofl Theres some things an old politically incorrect hillbilly like me just is not meant to understand... I guess. But I sure like these old military vehicals. I was always taught that if you keep your mouth shut & your ears open... you'll learn. Thats what I try to do. Most of these old timers here are bursting with knowledge, & I sure don't expect them to hand out all thier hard work getting it, any to easy. It's not all opinions & gibberish, & is insulting to expect them to hand it out like it is. :idea: John

Last edited:

allrevup

In the last couple of month a person concisely pointed to the "do a search" or "teach a person how to fish" type of answer crowed...

That this is an "open forum" and you don't have to answer if you don't want to be repetitive, often times you do not have the time to pour over years of data. Every day someone thinks of a new way of doing something differently with old issues. Manuals are accurately repetitive

Last edited:

edpdx

We have all been reminded to look at the manuals. There is no need to be telling people they are an annoyance, or remind them that your time is valuable like that. We all come to the forums to learn stuff, sometimes we need help in a hurry, sometimes we don't know where the info in the manual is exactly. Reading through some of each of our early posts, I'll bet you have been told that what you are looking for is in a manual- and probably told in more civil sounding tones. If you're annoyed by someone who is wasting you valuable time... don't respond. If you have the time to respond, you certainly have the time to sound helpful doing so -even if all you have to say is you can find it in the TM9...34 manual.

I have been to a few forums that get so unhelpful because of cronies that have to be in control of everything posted- even "editing content" so as not to offend. I stop contributing because their editing makes my post lose it's meaning.

Lets keep this forum helpful and friendly, otherwise we should have one page with links to all the TMs and a big banner that says: "We know the answers; but don't waste our time- look in the book". But what fun would we have then?

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lets keep this forum helpful and friendly, otherwise we should have one page with links to all the TMs and a big banner that says: "We know the answers; but don't waste our time- look in the book". But what fun would we have then?
The problem is: The guys who won't even try to find an answer or just want the easy answers. I have ZERO problem helping someone who needs guidance to find how to do something. When they come in saying I need an answer now cause I don't want to search and the question is in a sticky, there's a problem. Plus when you come in and flat out say you are posting to meet the minimums classified requirements, just so you can post in the classifieds, there's a problem. That happened with the OP.

edpdx

hndrsonj,

OK, so I read the OP audit trail. You and many others have followed this fellow's postings apparently closer than I. Things seem to be what they are and I have to agree, in point, that he comes off as somewhat entitled to a fast answer because he has a business agenda. You get some socks together, the rest of you help me round up some bars of soap.
[thumbzup]

41cl8m5

Steelsoilders banned him again. For good reason. See the post. All I can say is WTF. Most here have good
intentions and a lot of info that is usefull, but I guess some just need to stand out, too bad. There is no reason
to threaten anyone or thing (website) because you choose to not to go by the rules. NVrescue if your veiwing this
the best thing to do is to just let it be. Can we move on?