• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

feel free to kick me out if you wish ...

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That IH cab is similar to the ones used on M920s & older M915-series trucks. The military also used lots of IH Paystar 5000-series trucks in GSA roles around bases/posts....swap out the fiberglass tilt hood you have now for a Paystar-series front clip, and you've got instant "cred." :mrgreen:

Heavy Truck Parts (HeavyTruckParts.Net - Vendor Links) has an awesome online search function for specific parts, including transfer cases & front drive axles....in some instances you can purchase the remains of the truck that the parts are sitting on, to ensure you get all the other little pieces that make swapping sooo much easier.

It shouldn't be hard to match front & rear ratios; you can do most of that over the Interwebs as you browse through HTP.net's many many pages.

The biggest issue I see (after the T-case hurdle is overcome) will be your steering setup...if you can get the steering box, drag links, and all linkages from a donor truck that has a front drive axle, you will be mostly done. If not, then have fun with that! :lol:

And don't forget to tell your wife that your truck will be necessary to handle all the new business once your shop is completed! Of course you'll need bigger trailers to go with that truck when it's done too...

Good luck!

eldgenb

I see hemtt T-cases on GL all the time, if they can handle the stress of the 8v92 and 8 wheel drive you should be golden.