• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Feels good to be back!

ToddJK

That's right, no one will remember me, but I left and came back years later, barely knowing how to work my way around this forum, lmao.
My old member ID was TK748462 i believe, but like I said it's been years.
I had a 1972 AM General M35A2 with a Hercules multifuel engine. When I moved from MI to NE, I drove that puppy the whole way. Shortly after I blew the head gasket and melted a piston. The folks on here directed me to the right TM's, helped me out with parts, which was when I learned what PayPal was! I had a good experience on here. Later I believe I blew a cam bearing and I didn't have the time or money or the place to fix it so I sold it to a another SS member from North Platte. I never fully recovered from selling my deuce. You know it's bad when you dream about it only to wake up and realize, I need another deuce! Anyways, I'm no scammer or anything like that, I've traded and bought knives from the TOPS knives forum on Facebook so if someone wants to verify who I am and if I'm legit, maybe they are a part of that forum, be easy to do. Otherwise, thanks for having me, another fellow Michigander here...cheers!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That's right, no one will remember me, but I left and came back years later, barely knowing how to work my way around this forum, lmao.
My old member ID was TK748462 i believe, but like I said it's been years.
I had a 1972 AM General M35A2 with a Hercules multifuel engine. When I moved from MI to NE, I drove that puppy the whole way. Shortly after I blew the head gasket and melted a piston. The folks on here directed me to the right TM's, helped me out with parts, which was when I learned what PayPal was! I had a good experience on here. Later I believe I blew a cam bearing and I didn't have the time or money or the place to fix it so I sold it to a another SS member from North Platte. I never fully recovered from selling my deuce. You know it's bad when you dream about it only to wake up and realize, I need another deuce! Anyways, I'm no scammer or anything like that, I've traded and bought knives from the TOPS knives forum on Facebook so if someone wants to verify who I am and if I'm legit, maybe they are a part of that forum, be easy to do. Otherwise, thanks for having me, another fellow Michigander here...cheers!
Welcome from North Carolina!

I figure if they let me in, they shouldn't have any trouble with you :cool:
Hope you can find yourself a "new to you" truck. Sadly, prices are definitely up.

The Classifieds section is a good place to look. I happened to find a pair of Deuces on FaceBook for about 8k. One running, one for parts and neither with brakes. Seems that whatever you might want could be possible. Some reasonable, some a little scary.

ToddJK

Welcome from North Carolina!

I figure if they let me in, they shouldn't have any trouble with you :cool:
Hope you can find yourself a "new to you" truck. Sadly, prices are definitely up.

The Classifieds section is a good place to look. I happened to find a pair of Deuces on FaceBook for about 8k. One running, one for parts and neither with brakes. Seems that whatever you might want could be possible. Some reasonable, some a little scary.

Haha, thanks! That's true. I paid 4k for mine in decent running condition and now it's almost double that for something that looks like it sat in a junk yard for 10 years. I searched the classifieds here. I trust a SS member way more than some joe blow from fb or ebay, especially those who've been around for a long while. Seems like 10-20k is the new norm for a good running deuce, but that's what I'm looking for. I like the 5 tons and stuff, but the slightly smaller trucks and the multifuel motor is what I'm wanting. Other than a joy ride and fun for my boys, it also fills that prepper niche in me, as I see a deuce way more versatile than my 05 Dakota pickup, especially if gasoline is super expensive or hard to get.

Godspeed131

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man what a nice truck, I used to have one setup pretty much exactly like it. Previous owner is prolly kicking himself for letting that one go. Lol, on a serious note I’m glad it’s still going strong for ya.

ToddJK

Man what a nice truck, I used to have one setup pretty much exactly like it. Previous owner is prolly kicking himself for letting that one go. Lol, on a serious note I’m glad it’s still going strong for ya.
Oh yeah, it's going great! I imagine the previous owner is probably having nightmares about driving his truck only to wake up and find out it's been sold.
Been driving her everyday so far, starts and runs good, but the injection pump is starting to leak pretty good if I shut it off while still cold (according to temp gauge). I figure it'll need to be rebuilt with new gaskets but I'm gonna pay someone to do that, lmao.

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome back to the site! That's a good looking deuce. If you get time to post more pictures we would love to see them.

ToddJK

Some pics I took and got from the mud bog for a 9/11 tribute event. There was also another deuce there with some custom made rims and big 'o tires on her. The owner was also a fellow patriot and a very nice guy. Had a great conversation with him. His was a '68 and mine is a '69, both Kaiser Jeeps.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks