• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fell off the wagon.... again

Bill W

And landed on a Deuce!
I now have a M-35A2 w/w parked next to my 5 ton. I bought Rays ( Fujinama) Deuce that was here in the classifieds for $2800.00 and drove it the 100 miles back home and other then getting a rear flat tire ( inside tire of course!) the truck ran great. I think I'm gona sell the 5 ton even as cool as it is I have more experience with the deuce ( this is my second ) and the deuce is road ready right now.

http://news.webshots.com/album/559979523JkHVIq

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Fell of the wagon.... again

Excellent work Bill. I love the subcompactness of the deuce. Hey, why would anyone go to auction when you can pick up trucks like this one!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Fell of the wagon.... again

I can never understand why the bridge plate numbers constantly change. They supposed to be 08, almost ALL the time. Walking through auction yards and seeing private sales, I have seen every other combination, denoting year of manufacture, I.Q. of owner, year of birth of owner, and 69. 69 seems to be very popular for bridge plate numbers, regardless of weight or year of make. Not sure why. :)

Anyways, nice deuce, and congrats!

rockman

Deuce prices...

Looking at the duece that was just bought for $2800 with a winch and hardtop, does it seem that prices are flat out falling on these great trucks? When I bought mine 8 years ago, it was competitive with Joe Young and Eastern for around $4500. Now the prices seem to be lower?

Bill

NEIOWA

RE: Deuce prices...

DOD is dumping large quantities of the duece. And they are going out of Guard/Reserve and AF (generally good condition). Large supply lower prices.

RAW

Congratulations!

I had been wanting to buy that truck. It was literally 10 minutes away from me, but I couldn't get my ducks in a row fast enough.

Looks better in your pics than it did in Fujinama's!
I'm jealous.

Bill W

Thanks for the congrats guys.
The truck does have some issues ( ie transfercase and some leaky seals ) but overall I think it was a steal as I bought my M-45A2 W/W purification truck from Jeff about 8 years ago for $3000.00.
Wreckerman I listed my 5Ton in the classifieds and I'll also PM you

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks