• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fellow collector looking at a legal battle

rwelker

I just watched a news segment on WHTM 27 (ABC) about a gentleman in York County, PA who recently bought a Deuce and and lives in a development. He had ONE complaint filed against him from a neighbor about his truck being parked at his house. The municipality cited him for having a "recreational vehicle" in the develpment although it is regestered as a truck. He's going to fight it. Other neighbors interviewed support him. The news clip actually seemed in support of him. Is this collector a member here? If so he needs our support; maybe we should rally and park about 25 or 30 along side of his for a while.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Maryland can be just as bad. It depends upon what kind of neighbors that you have and in what area you live. Zoning official have lots of power and the ability to make ones life hell. Governmet should fear the people, not us fearing them!!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And this used to be a free country....USED to be...

Before I bought my house in late 2004, I asked for a copy of the homeowner's association rules and/or bylaws. The HOA got back with me, it took a while just for them to FIND the bylaws. What came back to me was a short list of obvious rules that most folks would agree with anyways, such as, you cannot by a parcel and put a bunch of mobile homes on it to rent out to others, can't build a shed within 5 feet of another person's property, can't conduct mining or logging operations on your property other than for personal use like for firewood, etc. Then, at the very bottom of the SHORT list of no-nos was the following note: "All bylaws above are in full effect until December 31, 1981." SO, to make a long story short, it was pretty much like having a HOA that took care of paving the road, plowing the road, but otherwise would LEAVE YOU ALONE to do what you wanted.

There and then, I made the decision to buy the house.

ecostruction

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I live in York, but didn't see the news clip. I think I know where this is though and who it is. This person is a member here, but not real active. I know the development and there are some PITA people there.

EDIT: It's not me. Though I could see this happening to me, or to the person where I keep some of my trucks.

docthrush

I live in eading and have the same issue. As long as the vehicle runs and drives, is titled, inspected and insured (or temp tag with any of the oddties that go with that) he should be good. I had a neighbor that came and yelled at me, told me he didnt want to live on an army base.
Ironicly enough, I just had the code enforcment officer here about 10 min ago going over stuff like this.

Does anyone have a link to the article? EDIT
http://www.whtm.com/news/stories/0808/545837.html
If the person with the issue reads this Id be glad to help if possible.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks