• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fender mounted tool box

TACTICAL6

Just got done stripping everything off the M103A3 trailer. This tool box was sitting between the generators. It fits pretty good on the fender of my boys deuce. The slave cables fit perfectly, are out of the weather, and can be secured there for easy access when needed.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I mounted one of those boxes on my golfcart!

Attachments

wsucougarx

I have attached the same toolbox DH has to the rear of my 109 to house my tow safety chain. Tactical6 your's is aluminum isn't it? I couldn't get one of those to fit. I used a steel toolbox on mine.

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Didn't the 5 tons have severe sheet metal issues in Vietnam from the weight of the air cleaner on the fenders? I am curious if you encounter cracks in a few months from the weight!

wsucougarx

yup, aluminum..... DH is your golf cart amphibious?

WS I really like the setup with your towbar, where did you get that rack?
Thanks, I fabricated the rack itself. The "L" shaped brackets are taken out of the 900 series Battery Relocation Kit, I used a Medium Tow Bar holder and just bolted it to the brackets and viola.

wsucougarx

Didn't the 5 tons have severe sheet metal issues in Vietnam from the weight of the air cleaner on the fenders? I am curious if you encounter cracks in a few months from the weight!
The toolbox is made of aluminum (very light). It looks much heavier than it is. From what I remember it weights about 5-7 lbs. He shouldn't have any issues as long as he doesn't put too much in that box. Great idea on the slave cable idea.

steelandcanvas

Looks nice, but makes an already difficult access area even more in-accessable. That has to be quite a reach to get to your fuel and oil filters. You might have been better off putting it where Mike put his towbar. Just my 2cents.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
yup, aluminum..... DH is your golf cart amphibious?

Depends what your idea of amphibious, is...

Last year it went through the ice.

The pic above, I was obviously driving on water(ice).

I did take it to Haspin once, some people laughed at me for bringing a golf cart to an MV rally. The laughing stopped when people needed something to drive up to the showers and toilets...

I may spray some CARC on it and slip some mule NDTs on it someday.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The toolbox is made of aluminum (very light). It looks much heavier than it is. From what I remember it weights about 5-7 lbs. He shouldn't have any issues as long as he doesn't put too much in that box. Great idea on the slave cable idea.
I would say a slave cable is pretty heavy!2cents

197thhhc

Looks pretty nice to me. I dont think you will have any weight issues. In my old Army unit we used to strap the trucks camo netting to the fenders and never had any issues. And that camo netting is much heavier than your box