• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fender trimming w/ 35x12.5?

JWNathan

Hey all, was wondering if anyone can clear 35x12.5r16 tires witout trimming the fenders. My 1028 has awsome sheetmetal upfront and I really dont want to cut the fenders at all, but Id like to run 35" BFG A/Ts. I have a set of 2" add a leafs, will that be enough? Thanks for any help with this, Im at a loss onn this one.
-Jesse

pigfoot63

Had 35's on mine w/ 4" lift and it cleared fine. Went to 37.50's and now I catch a fender every now and then. You can probally get buy with the leafs if you don't get crazy alot

CDN-CUCV

The drill with 35's on a Chev is usually a 4" lift to save your fenders. I had 35's on my M1009 with 2"s and the were touching. Same tires too BFG Mud terrains 35 x 12.5 x 15". I'm running my 33" AT's until I get a proper 4" lift in myself.

JWNathan

Thanks guys, Ill probably go ahead and make up a no rate and move the axle forward a bit to then. I like keeping them lower if possible. heck I may just go with 34x10.5 swampers instead, I saw 4wheelparts has them on sale. Decisions decisions!
-Jesse

JWNathan

Well, I bought a set of the 34x10.5-16 Swampers, well they are more like 32s! mine measure out to 32.5" with 40 lbs of air and NOT on the truck. So these will be going back.....my tire troubles continue!
-Jesse

JWNathan

Thanks Rattlecan, I was looking at their steering box brace for my 1028 and my k-10. Im really not wanting to go up any more with my 1028 being that its my daily driver. Guess Im screwed until I find some Michelin 900x16's for her!
-Jesse

skark_burmer

Yup that was me.
they are the BFG KM2's 35x12.5 on H2 rims. The rears clear no problem, the fronts you need to do a little massaging.
On the back of the front fenders just let a 5lb sledge to the talking, on the front edge you will need to trim about 2" off the lowest corner at a 45* angle and they will not touch at any time.

skark_burmer

They are really loose and dont like to wear their shoes for long.
oh wait, maybe thats just my trucks.

this is the result of coming down an incline that was a wee bit steep and a wee bit rutted. The tires are 16.5 rims with 35psi in them and i still pulled one off.
Oddly enough, it pulls to the left on the highway now. Hmm, go figure.

Attachments

skark_burmer

and here she is wearing the 35's in comparison.

and look! somebody is stuck in a hole!
Actually i was AMAZED how well that truck was doing on stock tires. Maybe it was just the driver but he was going places i thought for sure there is no way he would have made it.

Attachments

Last edited:

JWNathan

Looks like fun! Where is that, down south further, like Santa Cruz? I may just have to man up and get the Q78-16 Swampers and cut th fenders.

ltcray

Well, I bought a set of the 34x10.5-16 Swampers, well they are more like 32s! mine measure out to 32.5" with 40 lbs of air and NOT on the truck. So these will be going back.....my tire troubles continue!
-Jesse

I'm running 33" Buckshot Mudders on my stock height M1008- they're true 33's-

These were the biggest I could run on the stock width rims (7")- got a good deal from an Ebay dealer out of Arkansas- free shipping!

My wife was right surprised when Fedex delivered them 3 days later- about as surprised as the little Fedex driver was- it was a first for him.

Last edited: