• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fermont 804-B Engine Control Module Needed

WildernessJeep

I'm looking for the Engine Governor Control Module for my 2010 Fermont 804-B with the Yanmar Turbo Diesel, NSN: 2910-01-371-4356. It is also known as a Woodward Controls, part no 8270-1003. I can't find it anywhere, and my generator is useless without it. Anyone have a lead on a cross-fit component or resolution?

Capture.JPG

Guyfang

Staff member
Your right!

I was looking at an old TM, and when I went to pop the pizza in the oven I reopened the TM file and saw I had looked at a TM from 2002. Sorry.

You can also look under the woodward part number, 8270-1003.

This is also a part number for this governor.
DYNA 10503-001-0-24

WildernessJeep

Your right!

I was looking at an old TM, and when I went to pop the pizza in the oven I reopened the TM file and saw I had looked at a TM from 2002. Sorry.

You can also look under the woodward part number, 8270-1003.

This is also a part number for this governor.
DYNA 10503-001-0-24

Yeah, I can't find that part either. GE aerospace makes one, too, but that's impossible to find as well. Any cross-referenced parts?

Guyfang

Staff member
I just looked at all gen sets, 15-60 KW in the A and B models. That governor only fits that gen set. Its not used anyplace else. Is yours bad? Missing?

WildernessJeep

I just looked at all gen sets, 15-60 KW in the A and B models. That governor only fits that gen set. Its not used anyplace else. Is yours bad? Missing?

Mine is missing. It looks like someone tried to bolt another component in the same space before the govplanet auction to hide the fact that box was missing (not like I would have known anyways). I bought it not running on the cheap. Now I'm going through part by part, and noticed this missing. That'll cause it not to start, huh?

Guyfang

Staff member
Yeah, a little bit. Everything was good with the A models, until they came up with the new engine. AND it needed a different engine. But for some reason it also needed a new GCU. Stupid. Have you listed in the want adds in the forum?

Dewie38

You could use the control unit from an 804A
We had to change engines because the Isuzu engine we were using became unavailable. (out of production) we had to change controllers because the actuators on the engine had a different spring tension and the controller wouldn't respond as the old one did.
It didn't have the same response time so the sets wouldn't pass the freq. and voltage response tests where the freq. had to recover within a certain time.
So if you don't care if the freq. response time is a little slower go ahead and get a controller for an 804A if you can.

Guyfang

Staff member
Please be advised, that there is another GCU with a different NSN that will also fit the A model 804A. It was the first generation GCU. The second one, NSN 2990-01-601-2478, (the one listed above) is a newer model, that is called a "universal" GCU. It fits the 804A, 805A and 806A. The old GCU, NSN 2910-01-373-2590 is also in EPAY, and about 200 bucks cheaper.

WildernessJeep

Got the generator up and running today!!! Started right up, runs smooth. Need to finish up a couple of wiring connections and get the distribution box connected up, but overall it sounds great!! Thanks guys!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks