• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fermont Prototype AMMPS 30kw Generator

hcso2332

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I took a gamble on a 30kw prototype Fermont AMMPS generator. I was able to get it unloaded and hook some batteries up today.

The unit's LCD screen has issues as you can see in the photos and it has some communication faults. Neither the dead crank switch or battle switches allow the unit to crank over. A few of these prototype units have been surplussed over the past couple years. Any members here have one?

I am going to try Fermont on Monday and see if they can email any technical manuals. I have been pretty fortunate getting the MEP-802a/803a generators running when I ran into problems but this bad boy looks likes it's going to be tough!

Here are some photos of the unit:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks