• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ferret at Veterans Day Parade

B3.3T

Neat. I had one years ago. It was a great little vehicle. I couldn't believe all the guys who said they remembered them in Vietnam!

davesgmc

there never were ferrets in vietnam. unles those guys are just saying **** to say **** cause the dont know what the **** they are talking about (m ost of the time)

Pawnshop

Yes, there were Ferrets in Vietnam, belonged to the Aussies

Though, if I had to bet, I suspect they were remembering the V-100 Commando. Armored and four wheels, close enough in fuzzy wayback memory terms...

Stalwart

Though, if I had to bet, I suspect they were remembering the V-100 Commando. Armored and four wheels, close enough in fuzzy wayback memory terms...
Perhaps you might confuse them with a fuzzy memory. As an owner of both, in the same garage no less, the size difference is :shock: It'd be like confusing an M35 and a HEMTT.

B3.3T

No, there were never any Ferrets in Vietnam, Aussie or otherwise. That was the joke of it all.

ARYankee

After the parade my wife was telling me about a small armored thing a ways up the parade in front of me :) I told her I knew what it was who that you owned it. She thought it was really cool. I enjoyed being in it and look forward to next year. Unfortunately she didn't have the camera :(

Stan Leschert

One of the guys on Maple Leaf Up, is trying to find out where all of the Canadian Ferrets are. Is that one CDN, UK, or Australian... It would be fun to know.

A lot of the CDN Ferrets were purchased by a USA buyer, and we would like to track them.

People with too much time on their hands want to know.

Post the serial number when you can. Thanks.

Stan Leschert

Here's the link, feel free to fight with the other owners of "Ferret Finger".

These were only in Regimental Museums, when I wore green, so...

Canadian Ferrets - MLU FORUM

If you know of any retired CDN Ferrets,
these guys would like to finish their database.

Otherwise, they have a few cool pics of Ferrets in service. Have fun!

Now that we are done with the tread Hi-jack,
Tanks for what you did.

It looks great.

Last edited:

L1A1

My Ferret a Mk.1/2, is 00EA85. Spent most of it's life w/ BAOR although there is evidence that it might has also paid a visit to the desert. Units it served with were the 5th squadron Royal Engineers (made contact w/ former driver) 4th field regt. Royal artillery & 7th feild regt. Royal horse Arty.
Matt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks