• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ferret radiator hose replacement

L1A1

Anyone on here ever replace the hoses on their ferret scout car? 'been researching how to do it and my question for those that know & have is this: The rubber hoses used appear to be just straight 'coupling" types w/no bends or odd angles moulded in. Can generic radiator hose* cut to fit be used?

Matt

* What I mean is actual radiator hose-not generic black rubber hose.

dmetalmiki

ANY good quality reinforced hose (the type with banding through the middle that looks like string threads) Will do it. We have used 'other' (strong) Hose for the 432, and quite a few of our deuces and 5tons over the years. Even hoses that have bends in them can be found that will readily form to fit most tasks. Post up your remedy and ongoing fix with pictures.

L1A1

Ok guys thought I'd pay it forward a little for anyone in the future who may be undertaking the same tasks as me (belt & hose replacement on a ferret scout car).

You can use your old hoses for measuring the proper length when you cut the new ones down. All parts came from carquest auto parts

radiator hose(s) are 1.25" dia Dayco part# 76125

water pump hose is 1" dia Vulco part# 24016

radiator overflow drain hose is .25" dia Carb part# 0-09-019A (J30r14T1)

Oil sump hose is 1" dia ThermoId Hercules II part# MSHA 1C-114/1

If your ferret has the Alternator & not the generator, then it takes an automotive type belt- 3 of them. The belts I found (again, at carquest) are 1/2" X 53-7/16" (13mm X 1357mm) part# 9530HD

Hope this helps.

Matt

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks