• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ferro got a tank

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ER!!!

An August 1979 M967 5,000 gallon tanker to be truthful!

After our whirlwind 650+ mile m814 truck recovery last Thurs, Friday, and Sat, EMD567 (JP) and I just wanted one more 5 ton ride- or not really. But I had to go to the Goose Creek weapons station to get my tanker.

Here are the pics! I scored really good, all the hoses were there, 27hrs on the pump, tons of adapters in the box, 9 BRAND NEW TIRES, and I mean, mounted, and the tanker was towed someplace and just parked. There also was a TM in the box still wrapped in plastic. Even had two fire extinguisher covers!

I towed it up by the biodiesel plant, and they were going nuts over it! I can't wait to start hauling bio and WVO, and neither can they!

Got to combine two hobbies too- we caught a train 4 times! it was pretty cool, pacing and passing a train in the 5 ton.

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sweet! Was that a GSA, GL, or "other" score? Let us know how the 5 ton handles it when you have it full with 5000 gallons.

rango

whats with the foil?

nice toy, you could drive around the world with that thing, just run the lines right to the 5ton tank :roll:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was a GL find. They sold 15 in a big lot all by themselves. Apparently, it was Depot rebuilt in 11/04, and they stenciled FLAMMABLE and JP-8 on the sides and corners, then put the layup foil over all the stencils.

AMGeneral

Nice score Adam,hopefully i'll see it in a few weeks(gotta make a trip to Joe Trapp's place).

BTW,what's the story on the SC Trooper behind you in 1 pic?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
:beer: Very nice, bring it to the rally next year full of sweet tea :D

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I could wash it out and bring it full of sweet tea, but if it's wreckerman's tea, the sugar requirements would have me collecting bags of it now until the rally!

Westy, I've got the tanker. Don't need hazmat for WVO, but I will get it anyway, as they are talking about having me backhaul finished Bio, which is Hazmat. :cookoo:

I was reading the TM last night. This thing is awesome. It can self load at 320 gpm, and unload at 600 gpm!!!! also, when it is loading, it has an automatic shutoff feature to keep it from over flowing.

the odd thing is the pump is 12v. I have a nice 24v alternator, and I might see how much it would be to have the starter rewound. I'd like to put a slave cable connection on the trailer, so I can jump it off the truck or vica versa. It had two Hawkers on it, wired in parrallel.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks