• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ferrule sizes for copper air line that connect to airpack

LiqTenEXp

Hey guys,

Does anyone know the size of the ferrule air line fittings used on the copper pipe going into the airpack and going out of the air pack?

From searching around here it appears to be 3/8" for the in and the out. Can anyone verify?

Thank you!

Gorilla33

I tried the 3/8 on my deuce and it would not work. There seems to be some play in the 3/8 fittings. I checked at NAPA and a hydraulic hose shop and both confirmed that is just a slight bit larger (.044) than 3/8 compression type. Does anyone know of a good source or should I just work back and change over to DOT plastic lines.

Jake0147

I'm not following...
The copper tube should be nominal OD dimension with a very small tolerance. In smaller sizes they are common in 1/16 inch sizes, so your open end wrench set makes a great size gauge for the tubing.
When you put the two together, you have slop where? What piece is 0.044 larger than 3/8? Tube? Ferrule? Fitting?

3/8 inch is 0.375 inch. Add .044 to that and you have 0.419, which is awful close to 27/64 of an inch, which is a really odd copper line or fitting size. Unless you meant 0.44, which is might be 7/16 (0.4375), which is a lot more likely to find. Or you mean your existing line is .044 smaller than a 3/8 fitting? 21/64? Again really odd to find. I wouldn't even consider switching to plastic line until you were sure just what size line you were replacing... Once you know what size, I can't see any reason not to go back with copper. The line and the fittings at either end of the line are all identified by the nominal copper tube outer diameter.

Gorilla33

To clarify what I was explaining. The copper is exactly the same and the ferrule is a perfect fit. The problem I am having is in the fitting directly. The fittings that are on my deuce are exactly the same as the ones in the first photograph of this post. A standard 3/8 compression fitting is .044 larger than the the ones in my deuce. I attempted to use standard 3/8 fittings and they were too loose and could easily come off. The dimension of .044 is the difference between a male threaded piece directly off the deuce and a new 3/8 male threaded fitting. I have been loosing my mind with this :-x and I was hoping that I am missing something simple in the problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks