• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Few Questions about my deuce

Larch

I got the deuce home (yes pictures attached). The engine plate says it has a LD-465-1. It has a turbo on it was that put on later? It says it was overhauled at Ft. Hood but I can't make out the date, can anyone make out the date? What do the numbers about the MWO Applied stand for? Thanks.

Attachments

fasttruck

Mwo means modification work order, probably seat belts installed or stop light switch changed from hydraulic to air. The army publishes mwo directories and you would have to look up the numbers on the plate to find out what they are. When doing an inspection, inspectors check to make sure all applicable mwo have been applied or at least ordered.

mudguppy

unless the date is in the ordinal (julien) format?

2142 ....... x142 = May 22nd (or 21st if a leap year), but 2xxx = year '72, '82, '92, '02...

we used the 4 digit designator in the Army for tracking logistics. but, as you can see, it's only good for a decade so i don't know why a rebuild date would be entered in that format.

Larch

So the motor was rebuilt? And the turbo was added (the engine plate says its a LD-465-1 (non turbo) right?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks