• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

few questions on injection pumps

NRGarrott

Is the exhaust smoking at all when cranking? I believe a lack of smoke could indicate a lack of fuel being delivered.

Also use a jumper wire with 12v to where the pink wire connects on the pump. This is your fuel shutoff solenoid and if it is stuck you won't being going anywhere, you should hear a click when power is applied and removed. If you do pull the top off the pump as jdemaris advised you can check this visually.

I recently purchased a m1008, after much troubleshooting i realized i had a bad pump and mailed it to Arizona for a rebuild. I found the guy off ebay. The truck runs great now and the price was competitive at $265 plus shipping for my pump rebuilt. The company name on eBay is az-diesel-injection-services.

They did take a little longer than expected and communication responses took up to 3 days but the rebuild seems like good quality.

jdemaris

Also use a jumper wire with 12v to where the pink wire connects on the pump. This is your fuel shutoff solenoid and if it is stuck you won't being going anywhere, you should hear a click when power is applied and removed.
One comment about that fuel solenoid. Even when working propertly, they won't always make a click you can hear.

Spring pressure is what shuts the pump off. When the solenoid is energized, it pulls against that spring and collapses it. Sometimes you can hear the linkage click when it happens, and sometimes the linkage moves with no sound you can hear. Easiest way to verify it works is with the cover off. Ground the over and feed power (12 or 24 volts) to the positive terminal of that solenoid. Then see if the plunger moves.

Note that with the over off, the injection pump is is "run" position. No shut-off involved anymore. You can run it this way, but you'd better know how to shut if off manual before trying. You reach in and move the metering valve to shut off.

84cucv1ton

went with a friend to looked at a short bed with a 6.2.. ran like crap..thought about what was said here. drove it home with a tank of new diesel right into the fuel pump... runs great... going to try that with my truck now

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks