• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fiberglass bows and troop seats

Tackettr

Warthog,
Yeah bet the shipping would be killer!:-D I was just interested in what a new set would run. Would a second place trophy help bring shipping cost down? LOL

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tackettr said:
Any updates on this? Total cost + Shipping? Any pics of what you recieved? Thanks
I got the contact info from Lex, I called Frank at Stephan Wood and got a quote of $160 for the top 4, 12' planks for the headache racks (2 on each side), and a quote of $158 each side for the complete headache rack assembly minus the seats, all hardware included but disassembled on a pallet. Those prices were without shipping.

I figured since my risers and stake pockets are in good shape, just the wood that's bad, and since I have good fiberglass seats already, I just ordered the planks. I'm picking them up from Lane tomorrow on his way through PA and I'll post some pictures when I get them back home. Of course I'll post more after I repaint the risers and install the planks and seats.

Lex_Ordo

Update... 13 AUG 2009

I received my pallet today. At first glance, I was a bit angry because the crate which Stephan Wood Products had built to ship the components was all broken and mostly gone by the time it got to me. Thanks Yellow Road Carriers!

However...
The factory did a superp job of banding all the components so nothing was busted, bent, dented, or damged. Sure some of the planks were scuffed, but that's how they are made, and it is really more because of the rough CARC 383 paint, not the shipping.

$170 to ship from Grayling, MI to Long Island, NY.

The complete siderack/ seat assemblies each, were the same price as two surplus ones, so I suggest calling Frank, at Stephan Wood Products, and speaking to him directly. They make all racks for all Military vehicles.

I have to say that the new components were the better way to go as far as shipping. The factory, rather than buying and shipping a used set from a surplus dealer was an even price.

That said, I needed all the components, because my racks were original and everything from the wood, to the metal uprights were in disrepair and unserviceable. An expense I didn't mind spending.

Here are the pics:

Attachments

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking good Lex, I just picked up my "planks" yesterday evening from citizensoldier.

First off, I have to give a big thanks for Lex_Ordo, and to citizensoldier for helping out here. Lex did a great job as point man on contacting and digging up the information to get in touch with Stephan Wood Products. And to citizensoldier who went over to Grayling and picked up my stuff and brought it through Ohio on his way to PA. You guys saved me a bunch of time and money.

My uprights and the metal parts are in fairly good shape on my truck, so I decided to go with just buying the 2 uppermost planks on each side of the headache racks, rather than buy the complete rack. I figured the difference in price from $160 for the planks versus $158 each side for the complete rack minus the seats was enough to make me pull the uprights and clean them up and repaint them.

It will be a little while before I get pictures of the completed installation, because I'm going to order some rattlecans of the CARC substitute from Rapco, then I'll pull the uprights and blast them and clean them up. I figured I'll use some ensign 395a "Frame and Chassis" paint on the parts of the uprights that are hidden on the inside of the bed, especially since it only comes in gloss black. Then I can prime and paint the rest of the exposed material before I bolt up the new planks and seats, but I will post pictures of the completed seat assembly when I get it done.

For now, here is the pictures of the planks I picked up from Lane last evening.

Attachments

JCKnife

Digging up an old thread here but I'm curious how assembly went of these? I'm considering ordering myself.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks