• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fiberglass hard top from Idaho Motor Pool

162tcat

Hello all,

Has anyone purchased a fiberglass hard top from Idaho Motor Pool? I'm curious about quality and fitment.
I can't find one in western Washington so it looks like I'll be making the trek to Idaho to get one. Just want to make sure I'm not headed there just to be disappointed.

Thanks

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk

rustystud

Hello all,

Has anyone purchased a fiberglass hard top from Idaho Motor Pool? I'm curious about quality and fitment.
I can't find one in western Washington so it looks like I'll be making the trek to Idaho to get one. Just want to make sure I'm not headed there just to be disappointed.

Thanks

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk
I'll just warn you that any fiberglass top will shack and rattle more then any steel one. Also they tend to crack real easy at the flanges where you bolt them down. In my opinion your better off trying to build your own like a fellow member did here a while back.

162tcat

I'll just warn you that any fiberglass top will shack and rattle more then any steel one. Also they tend to crack real easy at the flanges where you bolt them down. In my opinion your better off trying to build your own like a fellow member did here a while back.

I'm not looking for a project other than installing the top. I have no issue doing some future repairs if needed, I just need a dry top for the winter on my dump truck. Plan is to rhino line the inside before install for additional insulation and sound deadening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snowtrac nome

I worked on one a few weeks ago. it looked just like a whitenberg top. it seemed to fit well but the oem windshield is removed, and the top has gasketed glass windshield with an annoying thick center post between the two sections. it will keep you dry and affords good head room I just didn't like the tiny windshield sections.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
CabTop1.jpg I was at Idaho Motor Pool a couple of months ago looking at a metal top Alex had, and I don't recall seeing any fiberglass tops. (I probably just missed them) If you haven't already contacted Alex give him a call about availability. Also just curious as to what sort of rear window do the fiberglass tops use? If you go, check out the inventory of stuff Alex has on hand. I always spend about an hour just walking the yard. Lots of Deuce stuff.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 741359 I was at Idaho Motor Pool a couple of months ago looking at a metal top Alex had, and I don't recall seeing any fiberglass tops. (I probably just missed them) If you haven't already contacted Alex give him a call about availability. Also just curious as to what sort of rear window do the fiberglass tops use? If you go, check out the inventory of stuff Alex has on hand. I always spend about an hour just walking the yard. Lots of Deuce stuff.
The rear window is similar to a stock metal hardtop window , for a extra $199 on top of the price of the top.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks