• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Field kitchen question

CGarbee

Recovry4x4 said:
I can see one of these in my future. Since I don't cook much, finding a stripped one would be ideal as I can use it as a towable easyup although I doubt it goes up that easy.
Actually, they are surprisingly easy to setup. The deck is aluminum and the side pieces can be folded down (or up when you are storing the unit) easily by one person. Top has a pair of hand cranks (not part of the original design, but a later addition to the issue equipment for the units) that slip into place under the ridge and into a hole in the center of the deck allowing one person to crank up (or down) the roof--with one, you get to walk back and forth from one end to the other a couple of times to ensure that the top is going up evenly since you crank each end seperately... All the rest of the pieces, rails, cabinets, ladders, top, etc., can be put in place by one person.
Removing the ice box, range units, or any of the cabinets for use outside the unit required a second person or a really motivated one...

Two folks can manhandle the top up if you don't have the jacks, the manual states that you should have four soldiers, one for each corner...

One sold without any of the gear about a year ago at Lejeune for way more than I paid for mine with gear the year before... :) Funny how auctions work sometimes...

KaiserM109

i picked up an MKT-85 at Hill AFB a few weeks ago and it was complete, except for the heaters. Tomorrow morning I will be picking those up at Ft. Sill, OK.

My canvas is rotten, though. Just handling it causes it to rip. There were 2 shovels, 2 rakes and 2 swing blades on the floor as well a 8 non-issue steel wire shelves.

Arlyn

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks