• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Field Stoves

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a couple of complete ones, in the wooden box. but since they weigh 275 pounds each as boxed, I'm not moving them, much less taking them to a show, even to the SC, NC or GA Rallies. 60 pounds of that weight is the un-used M-2A burner in the bottom. That IMHO is scrap at best, but it's part of the package.

If you really want one or more, I'll show you where they are, and all the stuff you will have to move out of the way to get to them (and it's a lot - probably an hour's worth of labor) and I'll give you hints to make moving them easier (a pallet jack would make it a lot faster), and I'll watch you struggle to get them into your truck or trailer. I've already moved them three or four times, and I'm not doing it again!

M59 Ranges

Mike,
You are saying these units are brand new. Correct me if I am wrong, but won't the MBU 100's and 103's slide right in once you remove the M2A's? Also, they would still have the manuals and utensils, correct? If I ever get down that way picking something up I will give you a call. No chance of getting 2 of them to Cable for transit to Aberdeen? If so how much? Thanks in advance.

John

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To all,
Anyone on the East Coast that goes to Sussex or Aberdeen, I am in need of 2 M-59 Ranges. Can anyone help me out?

John
I know this is an old thread, but it was brought back up to the front and thereby subject to the updated ruled...

Please refrain from posting wanted/for sale ads in the forums. That's what the classified section is for.

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike, I wasn't refering that toward you...I quoted 25thIDAirAssault because that is a blatent "parts wanted" request and should be in the classifieds

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
But now, it's become a discussion! hmm...

And may become a "transportation needs" forum choice next!

rickf

Sometimes I think exceptions have to be made. This came about as hapenstance. It was not a sale looking to happen, it was a member who happened to see something he needed and asked about it. At that point it could go to PM's.

Rick

rickf

I could probably transport from Aberdeen, Mike knjows what my rig looks like with the mutt on it so he would know whether they would fit.
Rick

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rick,

It would take me more than an hour to get to where the stoves are buried in my garage and clear a path to wheel them out, and almost another hour to put everything else back in the garage. The plywood boxes are 2 x 2 x 4 feet high, made with heavy plywood, and each M59, in the box, weighs 275 pounds. I have no way to lift them onto a trailer, or a trailer to move them even across town. Green_Gator and Stampy each wound up with one of them a year or so ago - John can PM them as to the condition they are in.

Eric,

Read the above paragraph - it'll be a lot more involved than 'transportation needed'

Last edited:
I know this is an old thread, but it was brought back up to the front and thereby subject to the updated ruled...

Please refrain from posting wanted/for sale ads in the forums. That's what the classified section is for.
Speddmon,
Did not mean to cause any trouble, just saw a post about the M-59 ranges and asked for help, because that what usually happens here. People offer to help or give advice. I didn't realize I crossed the line. Will PM in the future instead of posting. My bad, sorry. And Mike was just trying to assist like he always does, sorry Mike, I will send you a PM about the ranges.

John

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
John,

Asking for help is not a problem at all, and there are a LOT of wonderful folks here who are willing to help out quite a bit. But recently the Owners spent a lot of time revamping the classified ads and added a "parts wanted" section for just such requests as yours. They want to keep the classified type posts out of the main forum so it doesn't become a site full of people just coming to hawk their wares and not contribute to the community. The only downfall to the classified section is you need a premium membership to access them. Although it is a very low yearly fee, it's still a fee to use them.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, who is near Mike and willing to go over for a few hours and help get a couple boxes out of his garage and moved to somewhere, to get them to MD or NJ?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks