• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fifth Gear replacement

qbubba51

I finally realized that I need to replace my fourth and fifth gear synchro. Now I need to find parts to rebuild it. Does anyone out there know were I can pickup the parts or better any who could do the rebuild. I have the complete repair manual so I know I could do it myself, it is just a matter of lack of time with work and everything else.

Coal Cracker

Six states distributors, slc utah.

Ask for conan, he heped me out with my 65 chevy k-10 4x4, i had needed some parts for the rockwell divorced t-case, he hooked me right up, and i've been buying trans parts from them ever since, excellent people.

I havent tried getting any m35 stuff yetfrom them , but they've helped me with some other very rare finds.

qbubba51

fifth gear sychro replacement

Thanks to all that helped me with instructions to pull the main shaft. I found why there was no fifth gear. The thrust washer for fifth gear was missing about half of the washer. When it broke it must have fell into the sychro and broke the brass cage and ground most of the teeth down.

So now I need a thrust washer with clip ring along with the sychro.

any help?

qbubba51

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped me with my problem. Truck is back together and running fine.

Next project is windshield seals, then paint.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks