• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fifth wheel assembly informations

Guyfang

Staff member
There is no such thing as a manufacturer manual. There are Army TM's. What info do you want? Do you want the parts book? Or repair info? If so, Go to the top of this page, where it says Technical Manuals. Click on it. Next look for 5 Ton and Up TM's. Click on it. There are two pages of TM's listed. Go to the second page. The third thread from the top, TM's for the M39 Series 5-Ton Truck is the right thread. Click on it. There are lots of manuals there, so tell us what info you need.

hkesse

There is no such thing as a manufacturer manual. There are Army TM's. What info do you want? Do you want the parts book? Or repair info? If so, Go to the top of this page, where it says Technical Manuals. Click on it. Next look for 5 Ton and Up TM's. Click on it. There are two pages of TM's listed. Go to the second page. The third thread from the top, TM's for the M39 Series 5-Ton Truck is the right thread. Click on it. There are lots of manuals there, so tell us what info you need.
hello,thank you for quick response.
the only thing i am looking for who is the manufactior of the fith wheel assembly.
best regarts kesse

Scrounger

I’m pretty sure that the fifth wheel on the M52 was made by Holland. They may not be marked as such, however it is a Holland design. The same fifth wheel was also used on the 800 series tractors and on the M197 and M198 dollies.

Guyfang

Staff member
This is interesting. The Cage code for the 5th wheel is 19207. Tank and Automotive Command. That tells me, the 5th wheel was procured from several different manufactures. Scrounger, if you say Holland made it, then I guess that was one of the suppliers. But there were more.

The TM's are very old, poor quality reproduced. The picture of the 5th wheel is on PDF reader page 551. Its figure 120, and the entire 5th wheel is Item number 1. Part number 11640352, NSN 2510-00-809-7791. The write up for the 5th wheel is on PDF page 188.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
There were two makers of the m52 fifth wheel,

International Harvester Co, Inc. (IHC)

Dayton Steel Foundry Co. (DSF)

There WILL be a embossed id (one of the two (xxx)) somewhere on most of the big parts, the fifth wheels are the same with the parts interchanging,

ALL the above info. is from g-744 ORD-9 (744 series parts (-9) tm for the 39 series Ao before it was the 39 series ) part of the tms BEFORE the MODERN TMs

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There were two makers of the m52 fifth wheel,

International Harvester Co, Inc. (IHC)

Dayton Steel Foundry Co. (DSF)

There WILL be a embossed id (one of the two (xxx)) somewhere on most of the big parts, the fifth wheels are the same with the parts interchanging,

ALL the above info. is from g-744 ORD-9 (744 series parts (-9) tm for the 39 series Ao before it was the 39 series ) part of the tms BEFORE the MODERN TMs
I agree with this. Holland did not make the original fifth wheel on these trucks. Dayton Steel Foundry did. Holland made the fifth when that was used to replace the original starting in the 80's.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks