• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fifth wheel hauler

TehTDK

Yes keyed door handles, got them from a source frequently seen on here , They work , but, I suspect made in China California. not as "substantial " as Mil SPec , suspect I'll be retrofitting them in the spring, remind me of "screen door handle quality "
I bought some keyed handles from someone on here, that are good quality but perhaps a bit more expensive than what you found. And they don't feel cheap by no way...

Desertshark

So since I last posted and know the post is old. I thought I would still share a pic of my 932a2 with my 5th wheel... took lots of research but got it figured outlok.
FB_IMG_1473051179180-1.jpg

Jericho

Great photo. Helps me a lot I think your on to something here , thanks for posting, I was wondering about clearance, Plan to remove the spare tire / boxes ect. still on the trail for a 36 tp 40 inch sleeper, had one, was not what I wanted, Still torn between sleeper or double cab, have a complete second cab , will likly flip a coin, in the spring , - 83 with wind chill up the mountain., - 42 with wind chill in my drive way Judging by your photo , clearance not an issue Have got a lot done o my M 931A2, sorted out CITS , all working well, Fixed air in intake problem, added a massive custom reese hitch, Gun racks / mounts, completed a lot of BII additions , been changing corroded valves In brake system , 12 volt system , have radios to still install and Air ride captains chairs as soon as I can make up my mind on cab modifications ( and get to 50 degrees out side with no snow LOL Second week in may , custom hard top , navigation system and a custom center console between the seats as well as A/c I Know aint nutin with out pictures, Just haven't figured out how to load pictures to the actual POST. BUT will by spring , first week in JUNE

Desertshark

If you like I can tell you how to do the set up. It cost maybe about 250-300 to do. I will look up the parts I used. And what not. Right now almost done with a gooseneck configuration. ... just net some last things to finish and send off to my mechanical engineering pal.

Desertshark

931a2 travel trailer hauler

So I know lots of times people have wanted to haul their 5th wheel with there 5 ton. I was the same and the whole set up was about 300.00. I used an Anderson coupler (gooseneck type connection) I went with it cause it is literally almost level at a 5th wheel plate. The Seco d part that was uses for the connection was a 25k gooseneck plate from tractor supply another 150.00. I mounted it above the back axle on frame. 4 bolts each frame rail total of 8 . They are 1 inch by 1.5 grade 8! Currently working on a true gooseneck set up so will up date soon on that. Any questions please feel more than free to as or suggestions I am always open to.I have I clidedicated my set up and the parts will get better later this week!

FB_IMG_1473051179180-1.jpgScreenshot_2017-03-11-16-14-46.jpgScreenshot_2017-03-11-16-18-49.jpg

Last edited:

Jericho

Ahh . so you added a goose neck coupling as well, good idea. I hadn't even thought of it yet. may seem like I don't make much progree, waithing for weather above zero, that's the problem with winter here , Dark most of the time and COLD . Would love to see what you accomplish, always good to see other peoples ideas

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I know lots of times people have wanted to haul their 5th wheel with there 5 ton. I was the same and the whole set up was about 300.00. I used an Anderson coupler (gooseneck type connection) I went with it cause it is literally almost level at a 5th wheel plate. The Seco d part that was uses for the connection was a 25k gooseneck plate from tractor supply another 150.00. I mounted it above the back axle on frame. 4 bolts each frame rail total of 8 . They are 1 inch by 1.5 grade 8! Currently working on a true gooseneck set up so will up date soon on that. Any questions please feel more than free to as or suggestions I am always open to.I have I clidedicated my set up and the parts will get better later this week!

View attachment 670566View attachment 670567View attachment 670568
Ah, good ole elephant butte lake! Lots of five tons and deuces there that pull fifth wheels and gooseneck converted campers down to the beach.

Desertshark

There are a lot. a good friend of mine has a true 5th wheel plate number he made it is really great. I will ask him if ok to post it on here for others to see how he did his. I have posted min in a new line or subject. We are all about sharing ideas ! **** that's what this community is for right!

Last edited:

Desertshark

M715 close up of which parts? The gooseneck coupler is pretty cool it literally attaches with 2 bolts. The gooseneck plate is on the back axle. It hangs over the frame by about 3/4 an inch on each side.. I used a few of the bolt holes from the ramps then drilled new holes for the rest of mounting bolts I wanted.

Jericho

M 931A2 Fifth wheel Hauler upgrades

M 931A2 Fifth Wheel Hauler Modifications , Purchased a set of Prime 200 air ride seats , with full lumbar electrics, Found they are too high on the battery Box, SO, sliced up battery box and reworked it, Left height stock, cut width too 15 inches, and rewelded all the seams , kept the vent location stock , reinstalled the latches with bolts , the rework leaves enough room for TWO batteries, not four. Standard Battery retention bracket and J bolts are still being used. Still have plenty of Amps. Seats are on a standard 5 inch base and mount with four grade eight bolts and fender washers . Air line is yet to be installed and I am reworking the 24/12 VOLT Mil fuse panel as well as a 12/24 30 amp transformer that will power a Ham radio and the fifth wheel brake circuit . Will repaint the box and after I bolt it back in add a console on the top . More to come!

Attachments

Jericho

Got that brake handle gets knocked off problem ? Add a chain bolted into the seat belt mount point, when handle is UP slip chain over it CANT let handle down! Total cost FIVE BUCKS

Attachments

Jericho

Seats in, battery box is in primer waiting for the temp to come up enough to paint , only 27 outside, wife refuses to let me paint in the house LOL

Attachments

Jericho

A thank you to the guru on here who suggested the use of the transformer to power the brake circuit for the fifth wheel, Simp,ly , Saved me a lot of time and MONEY, transformer going back in , ( changing location after putting in the new seats and modifying the battery box ) Controller all installed under c=dash, will post some pics after I get it all back together ! The wealth of knowledge here is unbelievable !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks