• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fifty Buck Seats

Third From Texas

I figured it was $50 each, but when he said come get both I did. It was local so too hard to pass up. 2020 takeoffs from a handicap conversion. He said they never were even sat in.

Wasn't planning on going this route and they may end up in another project, but if I like them enough I'll fab the in (w/o the ton of metal attached to the bottoms, of course). I know a lot of guys run these.

186052634_3693807687415466_1203056559739397412_n.jpg

Third From Texas

They're wired so I'll venture to say heated but I've not confirmed. The picture looked like the end of the armrest might be scuffed but it was just dust.

I'm pleased either way.

There is a fellow out of NV I think who sells Pacifica take outs for decent prices all the time but the shipping is a consideration.

Third From Texas

Corpus (actually 10 minutes out in Portland). Really nice elderly gent. Things like this I always eye as a scam, but he said they were just taking up room and wanted them gone. Again, had it not been local I would have passed (chances of scam increase dramatically when you can't touch something before paying for it, IMO). Pure luck (and searching Craigslist, etc daily for two years). A buddy actually sent me the link (I don't "do" FB any longer). He thoiught they were air-ride (which would have been a total scam)...

And the seller was just down the street from another old friend's newly built home. So I also got a house tour and a couple beers out on his 600' fishing pier. Dude has fiber optic run out on it for wifi. His pier was nicer than my house. LOL

Untitled.png

Last edited:

chucky

I figured it was $50 each, but when he said come get both I did. It was local so too hard to pass up. 2020 takeoffs from a handicap conversion. He said they never were even sat in.

Wasn't planning on going this route and they may end up in another project, but if I like them enough I'll fab the in (w/o the ton of metal attached to the bottoms, of course). I know a lot of guys run these.

View attachment 835082
Thats just wrong stealing the poor old mans new seats ! If you put your palm on the computer screen and the other on the keyboard you can pm me for my address and then send those ill gotten seats of sin to me and i will exorsise them and send them back in a few years .

Third From Texas

Best I can tell they are in fact heated. Also have an electric motor in the base so I suspect powered.

Of course, all the base will have to go away (these are not like the typical ones that I have seen other's use as these are a bit piacular the way they are put together). My goal is to keep the seat height below the engine cowling (ie: like the OEM seat) so I suspect any powered option for sliding will be impossible given the space, but they will of course be fabbed up to slide/adjust. Sat in one today and it is quite comfortable. No fancy lumbar support but I figure given the fact that I've never owned or built a vehicle that had lumbar seats I won't miss it much.

In any event, I'll get them broken down over the holidayt weekend and start to come up with a design for mounting (most of the stuff I save from other's using Pacifica seats looked to have had very different footing to attach a custom base but I'll know more once they are off the OEM base.

chucky

Best I can tell they are in fact heated. Also have an electric motor in the base so I suspect powered.

Of course, all the base will have to go away (these are not like the typical ones that I have seen other's use as these are a bit piacular the way they are put together). My goal is to keep the seat height below the engine cowling (ie: like the OEM seat) so I suspect any powered option for sliding will be impossible given the space, but they will of course be fabbed up to slide/adjust. Sat in one today and it is quite comfortable. No fancy lumbar support but I figure given the fact that I've never owned or built a vehicle that had lumbar seats I won't miss it much.

In any event, I'll get them broken down over the holidayt weekend and start to come up with a design for mounting (most of the stuff I save from other's using Pacifica seats looked to have had very different footing to attach a custom base but I'll know more once they are off the OEM base.
GM implala electric seat tract could be made really short has 3 little motors made that drive all the controls by basically speedometer cables just the actual square flexible drive shaft ! I wouldnt want you to be uncomfortable driving down the road thinking how you ROBBED the poor elderly fella of his seats ! And on top of that robbed them out of a handicap van . I guess they have to just roll around like bowling balls cause of you ! Hope your proud of yourself SATAN !!!! And you can get all the stuff at these diy pullapart junkyards cheap

Last edited:

Third From Texas

Yep. And if the gimpy bastards park too close, I've been know to twist off a plastic bumper or two while I back out !

That did actually happen once and when the lady could not produce any proof that she had reason to be in the handicap parking, I took some pics and said let's call the cops. She drove away with her rear bumper dragging and I didn't feel sorry for her (turned out she was dropping off lunch for her husband). I on the other hand, *have* my placard in the cab (though I have never used it). I'd like to say that I did it for great justice, but that was the day I realized how far past the tires the hubs can reach...

:)

chucky

Yep. And if the gimpy bastards park too close, I've been know to twist off a plastic bumper or two while I back out !

That did actually happen once and when the lady could not produce any proof that she had reason to be in the handicap parking, I took some pics and said let's call the cops. She drove away with her rear bumper dragging and I didn't feel sorry for her (turned out she was dropping off lunch for her husband). I on the other hand, *have* my placard in the cab (though I have never used it). I'd like to say that I did it for great justice, but that was the day I realized how far past the tires the hubs can reach...

:)
CHRIST COMPELS YOU !!!! CHRIST COMPELS YOU !!!! I figured you keep the Exorcist on running loop in your house on the TVs lmao