• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Figuring out new sound...here we go...LOL.

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey, have you looked at the harmonic balancer lately? Many a fellow here have told tales of great sadness when that thing goes out of whack and it can be an engine-killer for sure.

On my second year of CUCV ownership and up here in the high desert it gets plenty cold, like in the low 20's. When starting my 1008 it makes various sounds for the first few minutes but then settles down to a low rumble. One thing it does, hot or cold, is at idle the air cleaner assembly sets up a vibration that could double for a tuba. When I open hood and press down hard on the housing it stops. Haven't figured out how to get rid of that noise yet... anybody else?2cents

Asmoday

Ok all...Thanks for the feedback. I did do a fresh oil change a couple of weeks ago and I use Mobil Delvac 1300 Super 15w-40. Oil level is good but after a couple of hundred miles it sure is dirty all ready:shock:.

I will probably do an engine clean with Auto-RX. This stuff come very highly recommended and I'm thinking about giving it a try.

I also just started running Jet A in the truck and we'll see how that goes...:). I add Pri-D treatment to it and I add 4oz. of 2cycle Marine Oil TC-W3 spec to every 5 gallons and the truck seems to run real nice on it. We have so much surplus of it that I already have 60 gallons of it stored as well and the price....Free...:D...Love it.

Nickaru

Could it be a flat lifter, drained of oil over night and needs to pump back up? I've heard some engines, not the CUCV diesel that made some serious tapping/clanging noise on a flat lifter until it pumped up with oil.

jeepjseries

Ok all...Thanks for the feedback. I did do a fresh oil change a couple of weeks ago and I use Mobil Delvac 1300 Super 15w-40. Oil level is good but after a couple of hundred miles it sure is dirty all ready:shock:.

I will probably do an engine clean with Auto-RX. This stuff come very highly recommended and I'm thinking about giving it a try.

I also just started running Jet A in the truck and we'll see how that goes...:). I add Pri-D treatment to it and I add 4oz. of 2cycle Marine Oil TC-W3 spec to every 5 gallons and the truck seems to run real nice on it. We have so much surplus of it that I already have 60 gallons of it stored as well and the price....Free...:D...Love it.

That's any diesel dirty as soon as you run it again. Not like gas engines for sure.

that1028guy

I have a clank/buzzing noise, and its my GP relay when cycling off for the final time... Not sure what it could be seeing as I have a new card, and relay, ground issue maybe? When it makes the noise, the water in fuel light flickers, but its a LED now...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks