• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Filing a claim with GL

84cucv1ton

So my father bought this truck. Sent in the EUC and got the truck paid for. Shortly after that my father had a heart attack. Last thing on my mind was a truck. From what I've been told by filing a claim with them is pointless. With the experiences I've had at this point don't really want to give them my money.

Anyway, wondering how I should go about this? was a good amount of money to. My father says is really Doesn't care about getting the money back. He would like another crew cab and generator. Any help would be appreciated

jdknech

have you tried calling there main office and explaining what happened? if the truck has not been re-sold, they might work with you.. just remember- you catch more flys with honey then vinager 2cents

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've heard people having great success filing a claim and I've heard plenty of others where GL told them to go pound sand. At worst, you should get a good portion of your money back (I think the default fee is 20%).

I guess you won't know until you try.

Sorry to hear about your Dad but it sounds like he's on the mend.

Hard Head

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Call the pick up site and speak with the manager there. I have had good experiences with the local folks at getting stuff out after 10 days. Just have your documentation available to email and you can file a claim to get your money back if they sold it. I really believe that they will help you due to the circumstances. I am glad your dad made it! God Bless.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you or your dad win(have the account)?

At some time during the 10 day window, you should have called(at least) to the location of the item.

How long ago did all this happen?

You may only be able to pay the default fee.

84cucv1ton

yes, was a while back. truck was resold. sent in the claim. see how it goes thanks for the help guys.. off to work i go

Flyingvan911

Since he had a legit serious medical issue I would think they would give you a refund. A heart attack is a good reason to not be able to pick up the item. My prayers for your father's speedy recovery. (No pun intended.)

MtnSnow

As long as all the time lines jive (time frame of the heart attack happening from the time paid and within the 10 pickup window) your dad has good legal standing to recoup money if it was his account that purchased the item. I dealt with an issue very similar to this before. Unfortunately if the account that purchased the item is yours and you were not the one having the medical issue you might have to get a RL legal adviser involved..

84cucv1ton

My father sent this paperwork in and we already have a answer. Here's what they sent me:
Government Liquidation’s primary mandate is to facilitate the movement of Government surplus. If property is not removed in a timely manner, we are unable to fulfill that responsibility.

In accordance with Section 9-A of the Terms and Conditions, you or your designated agent must remove property within the time frame established for the lot being removed. Failure to remove property in a timely manner will be considered your abandonment of all right and title to the property, including the purchase price. According to the site (Government Liquidation facility) records, your property was not removed within the time allotted. Consequently, the property was considered abandoned by you and may no longer be removed from the site. Section 9-A of the Terms and Conditions is posted below for your reference and understanding.
Section 9. A schedule for removal of property will be established for each sale. You must remove all property awarded within this time limit. If for any reason removal cannot be completed within the time period, it is your responsibility to arrange with our site manager for an extension of time. We are not responsible for property that is not removed within the time allotted. If property is not removed within the specified removal period or scheduled for removal at a later date with our site manager, we will consider the property to be abandoned by you, and you will have abandoned all right, title and interest in the property including the purchase price of the property. We are not required to send abandonment or late removal letters to you prior to exercising the right of abandonment.
Based upon the information mentioned above, Government Liquidation cannot honor your request.

That is BS!! It was a while ago and this all took place. I had the understanding that you can pretty much forget about it you ever get your money back this company. Thank you guys for the help, I appreciate it. My father is doing better. Not 100% yet. My father turned just turned 70. Been pretty hard on him. Have a good one guys

MtnSnow

Sounds like if the truck is gone then it is gone....failure to pickup or communicate (arrange for a different pickup date) in a timely manner..

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
About the only thing I can tell you is to consult a lawyer if you wish to proceed further. I think maybe if you hadn't waited so long you might have had a better chance with GL but they could be right in their legal standing because so much time has passed.

Just keep in mind that if you file suit, it will have to be filed in the state of AZ.