• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Filling M105 master cylinder

Crawdaddy

This seems like a stupid question, but I'm gonna ask it anyhow. I know where the master cylinder is on the M105 trailer, but my question is how am I expected to fill it? On mine, the master cylinder is only maybe 3-4 inches off the bottom of the bed, hardly enough to get a bottle up to and have a controlled pour. I can check the fluid level by dipping my finger in, so that's not a huge deal, I just can't figure out how the military expected someone to fill the master cylinder if it were low. The TMs just say to fill it...

jasonjc

I just can't figure out how the military expected someone to fill the master cylinder

roflrofl

It's the military!!!!

1) unbolt the bed
2) have 8 pvt's lift the bed up
3) pvt #9 pours in the fuild
4) lowwer bed replace bolts

Or run down to the TMC and get a syringe;)

NO:razz:

For the brake fuild

and squirt some into the M/C

steelandcanvas

I just put the BFS in a squirt bottle and check it with my finger or a mirror. Another brake system that wasn't engineered very well. Good candidate for a remote reservoir.

Srjeeper

I have a clear plastic soda bottle with a hose barb in the cap with clear hose on it. Put the hose in the MC, squeez and when it runs out the MC, it's full enough.

Crawdaddy

I figured that was the way to get it done, I just didn't know what the military had in mind to get it filled. I'm glad it's way up there so it doesn't get whacked by anything, it's just a pain to service as a result.

Ressoldier

You can also use a new gear oil pump to pump the fluid in like you do for your transfer case or differential. Keyword being New since you don't want to cross contaminate your fluids.

Robert Long

308 AP rounds... be sure to stand on a milk crate to keep your feet clear of the muzzle blast and remember your ear & eye protection....

JUST KIDDING ... I don't drill holes that way anymore :)

Seriously though, how much work do you think the access plate will take to put in? Like could you do that w/ a dremel & a drill or are you getting fancy w/ a welder?