• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally A Little Fun!

BigB84

Now that is running pretty good for now, I have the opportunity to have a little fun. I"m in the process of a very basic stero install. Plans include: pioneer cd player, some pioneer dash speakers and possible some alpine 61/2 door speakers. All the equipment is left overs from my college days and the majority of the wires just some stuff I had around the house. I spent a good portion of the day yesterday runniing the power wires and spaker wires. Hopefully today I can cut the dash, mount the radio and spekers. Her are some pics of my progress so far. :beer:

Attachments

gt1009

It's pretty easy to put in door speakers. Just make a template for it and trace that onto the door and cut it out with a jigsaw. There are already some convienently placed holes in the doors where you have to run the wires, but a little drilling was still required. The plastic indented things in the door are just plugs for holes, and I just used those to run the wires. Will post up pics if needed.

BigB84

Sorry It has been so long. I've been out of town for a while w/ no time to play. Heres some pics of the second phase of my Stereo install and interior updates. I still have more wok to do. Once again, PENDING Time and Money!!

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That looks terrible, too far from stock. Take a razor blade in a couple places on the dashboard, spill a couple sodas and let it dry. Gotta make it look issue, or it will never fool anyone. rofl

Just kidding - looks great! Does it play yet? How does it sound?

rizzo

maddawg308 said:
That looks terrible, too far from stock. Take a razor blade in a couple places on the dashboard, spill a couple sodas and let it dry. Gotta make it look issue, or it will never fool anyone. rofl

Just kidding - looks great! Does it play yet? How does it sound?

lol don't forget the 1/4 inch of dust

looks good

BigB84

It does play. It sounds OK for now. I just have the four 3.5inch Pioneer dash speakers for now. I will need to add some larger speakers either in the doors or in the back for a fuller sound. It's all "highs" for right now. I just have a antenna hooked up inside the dash for now and will probably need to put an exterior mount antenna as I loose reception when I leave the uran areas. As funding allows I would like to add some 6 1/2's in the doors and some 6 x 9's in the rear for better sound without takeing up too much space. Hopefully in a few weeks I will have all the trim for the dash ordered and installed.

Croatan_Kid

I still haven't taken any pictures of my install yet. I opted to put in in the middle of the dash where the left vent is. I still need to cut out the dash trim piece and put it back on, but I think it looks fine without it myself. If you want to put in some rear speakers, check WalMart and see if they have some 6x9 enclosures. They work pretty good, you just have to assemble them. I only run the two rear speakers and it works pretty good, I didn't want to get too complicated.

Oh, how did you wire it up? Mine is wired so that it will work with the blackout switches in any position and I hooked it up to the fuse panel under the dash.

Looks good, but looks nothing like a real MV....it's way too clean!

maritimer

i tried that wioth my truck but for some reason if i unscrew the dash and start to wiggle it out the volt meter in the dash shorts itself out and blows a fuse. i found disconecting the 2 batterys works for this LOL

BigB84

Pulling the dash wasn't really an issue. There was't really anything holding it on. I gues the military must have taken it out before and took a short cut putting it back in. One of the Problems I have now is trying to get the frt clips screwd down in their orginal positions to keep it from shakeing/shimmying while I drive. I'll hae to order some fasteners, since the truck did not come with any. I wired the radio constant to the battery and the on/off to the fuse box. I took a test light and found a fuse that would be on when the key was on and off when the key was off. All of this was done with the Lights Switch in "Service Lights" position. Trust me guys the 1/4 inch of dust was there and about 2inchs of dust under the dash once removed. A good chunk of my day was spent vacuming and scrubing dust and dirt from under/inside the dash.

Bozor1000

That looks good. Great job on the install. I plan on doing the same with mine, when she comes home. I'm still waiting on that damn EUC to clear before she can come home. DAMN G.L.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks