• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally Bought one

Broccoli2

Hi all,
I finally got one... Well in 8 to 12 weeks, I will...... All the paper work is done and submitted. I bought the "Dirt Everyday" one in California. It's pretty beat up but it's what I could afford.

Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 8.00.13 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-09-19 at 8.00.59 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-09-19 at 8.01.15 AM.png

Dock Rocker

That was certainly a heck of a deal given the tires and wheels that came with it. A few tweaks here and there you will have have an awesome ride. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broccoli2

Thanks Dock.... I priced them out and I think they would be around 3500 just for the tires and wheels..

That was certainly a heck of a deal given the tires and wheels that came with it. A few tweaks here and there you will have have an awesome ride. Congrats!

Wire Fox

You'll have to tell us how bad they tore it up...what was the mentality they had for clipping the hood? I don't think I ever saw the episode. I only saw their LMTV one.

Dock Rocker

You'll have to tell us how bad they tore it up...what was the mentality they had for clipping the hood? I don't think I ever saw the episode. I only saw their LMTV one.
The mentality for the hood in my opinion;

1. It looks pretty Bad A$$
2. They took it into some rocks that would have removed a substantial amount of the hood had they not done it with a sawzall.

aghumvee

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think its awesome to own a "Movie Star HMMWV" that was built and driven by Fred Williams.

I would have liked to own it, your one lucky person!

Andrew

Action

Are you going to keep the tarp for a roof? Or modify a softtop to fit around the rollcage. Get used to banging your knees on the rollcage getting in and out. Switch the wires for the wipers so they park on the right side. I also notice the air intake cap is missing, so it likely had lots of rain go in there. You may want to add some sort of marker, turnsignal and reflectors up front if you will be on the road.

Broccoli2

Thanks all,

I will be making a new soft top. I've made them before. I noticed the cap missing too. I contacted GovPlanet about that the day I bought.. They said they would email the storage lot and ask them to put a bag over it but, I'm not hiding my breath.. I live in CA I will be keeping this as Off Road only.

Are you going to keep the tarp for a roof? Or modify a softtop to fit around the rollcage. Get used to banging your knees on the rollcage getting in and out. Switch the wires for the wipers so they park on the right side. I also notice the air intake cap is missing, so it likely had lots of rain go in there. You may want to add some sort of marker, turnsignal and reflectors up front if you will be on the road.

Broccoli2

Saw that too.. I'm assuming that part of the cause is the big tires. That is one of the things I was going to ask all of you guys. Looks like a pretty easy fix but I was wondering if I should go bigger and than worry I break something down line or keep them the same so they break before I grenade a diff or worse... What say you?

I noticed in the pics before auction, broken halfshaft too.

Last edited:

Action

Thanks all,

I will be making a new soft top. I've made them before. I noticed the cap missing too. I contacted GovPlanet about that the day I bought.. They said they would email the storage lot and ask them to put a bag over it but, I'm not hiding my breath.. I live in CA I will be keeping this as Off Road only.
As for the intake cap. It wasn't on in the video of them driving it all over the place on that show.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks