• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally "Done"

goldneagle

Truck looks great! If you need to warm up a bit you can come down to Louisiana and help me paint my M109A2. I am willing to provide food, shelter and beer for you and sand, paint and consumables for the truck. :grd:

Attachments

kennys@wi.rr.com

Truck looks great! If you need to warm up a bit you can come down to Louisiana and help me paint my M109A2. I am willing to provide food, shelter and beer for you and sand, paint and consumables for the truck. :grd:
It's been a very long time since I was down that way. I do have family there I really should visit. You may have a deal.

toddm

Your truck looks great Kenny, kinda gives my truck that "worn in look" Great job! I don't like the way my singles look anymore. I am looking for four more G188-11.00-20's so I can duel it out.

kennys@wi.rr.com

I was just cleaning out my email and found one from drgreg. It was a few pics of my deuce before I picked it up. What a difference a little bit of sanding and paint will make. I will just have to learn how to do side by side pics.

Attachments

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seeing the finished product, I imagine it was more than "a little bit of sanding and paint" I am currently doing mine and it seems like I have been sanding for most of my life. [thumbzup]

kennys@wi.rr.com

I borrowed a NT 40 pounder from drgreg. I only blasted the bed, one door, the windshield frame and the grill with it. The hood, fenders and drivers door we all new so I only needed to sand them with the DA a little bit. If I ever did it again I may consider renting a sand blaster. Each panal took one full pot and 20 minutes to do. That did not include sand sifting and pot loading time, and the sand must be sifted. Don't get me wrong, it worked as best as you can expect a small unit to do. Small parts I was able to do in my HF blast cabinet. That unit works pretty good, just have to keep the large paint chips from getting sucked into the line.

ohfiredude

I borrowed a NT 40 pounder from drgreg. I only blasted the bed, one door, the windshield frame and the grill with it. The hood, fenders and drivers door we all new so I only needed to sand them with the DA a little bit. If I ever did it again I may consider renting a sand blaster. Each panal took one full pot and 20 minutes to do. That did not include sand sifting and pot loading time, and the sand must be sifted. Don't get me wrong, it worked as best as you can expect a small unit to do. Small parts I was able to do in my HF blast cabinet. That unit works pretty good, just have to keep the large paint chips from getting sucked into the line.
Kenny...Thanks! I was thinking about getting a gravity sand blaster attaching it to an air compressor and going for it. Do you have to use a special kind of sand or can you use bagged sand from the Home Depot?

kennys@wi.rr.com

I used a fine silica sand from Menards(Home Depot type store here). I tried Black Diamond from TSC, but that would plug up the nozzle real fast and I use the largest available size they had at HF. I know you can have custom made nozzles, but for me that would be a waste of money and time. I have heard of guys using play sand after sifting it real well. I have never tried it and not sure that I would. I did recycle a lot of my sand. I did most of it inside my shop and was able to sweep the floor, resift and reuse. You can only do that so often before the sand is just too fine. Hope that helps.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks