• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally found the air leak

Deuce007

After extensive searching I have finally found the air leak I have been hearing. I don't know what the piece that is leaking does or is so I was hoping you guys could identify it. It is located near the steering column. I have checked the TM's and had no luck. By the way it is and m35a3

Attachments

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It might help, if you list your vehicle model in your sigline, or in the thread title, or in the first post.

I'm guessing(I don't own one) you have an A3. I see plastic air lines.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
since I'm seeing some sort of wired device attached to it, I am going to assume an air pressure switch?

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where is that ,under the dash? Well it's not the air conditioning..... :) Doooh missed near the steering column in your post.

A quick look tells me it has to do with the locker on the front axle, the air lines coming off the branch go to the front axle switch.

Yours looks a bit different than mine. Mine's all plastic connections.

The black thing below it is the low air pressure switch. Looks like someone disconnected one of the electrical leads. Both should be connected.(I'm guessing here your low air buzzer doesn't work?)

It's called the dash panel air manifold. Page 216 of TM 9-2320-386-24P shows the airline coming from it to the front axle switch. Still haven't found the manifold itself and every connection that comes off it.

Last edited:

Deuce007

Where is that ,under the dash? Well it's not the air conditioning..... :) Doooh missed near the steering column in your post.

A quick look tells me it has to do with the locker on the front axle, the air lines coming off the branch go to the front axle switch.

Yours looks a bit different than mine. Mine's all plastic connections.

The black thing below it is the low air pressure switch. Looks like someone disconnected one of the electrical leads. Both should be connected.(I'm guessing here your low air buzzer doesn't work?)

It's called the dash panel air manifold. Page 216 of TM 9-2320-386-24P shows the airline coming from it to the front axle switch. Still haven't found the manifold itself and every connection that comes off it.
It is located under the dash and your right, I never have had the low air buzzer working and that is probably why. I will also post some more pics. should I just try disconnecting it and reconnecting it again to try and fix the leak?

Attachments

Deuce007

I went out there one last time tonight with two flashlights and a headlamp and got the one low air buzzer line hooked up and it worked like a champ. but I still need to fix the air leak in the other line.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is located under the dash and your right, I never have had the low air buzzer working and that is probably why. I will also post some more pics. should I just try disconnecting it and reconnecting it again to try and fix the leak?
Much better shot. I'd try tightening up that compression fitting if that's where it's coming from. If that doesn't solve it, take it off and see how the tubing and brass insert look. Maybe replace them.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
spary some soapy water on the item, the bubbles will tell what is leaking where

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it's not loose you'll more than likely have to replace the end. The line could be broken at the fitting or you could have a messed up fitting. If you've got slack in the line you may can replace the end and not the whole line if the rest of it is ok.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks