• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally got a 62 M37

Fuond a 62 m37 near home needs minor work runs good but i have a question the steering box is wore out alot of play in wheel can it be rebuilt or do i need to get a new one and were to get it I WILL HAVE PICS TODAY Thank you Kenneth.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Kenneth! Looking forward to the pics! Congratulations. :driver:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: more

That looks SWEET Kenneth, I hope you enjoy it! :drool: I know I've said it before but, I'll say it again; " I want one of those too!"

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial

Nice truck, buy! I'd love to have that hard top for mine. On the steering question, the M37 steering boxes were designed with a little more "slop" in 'em than most people are used to these days. Saves on busted thumbs on rough terrain. If you have more than, say, 1/4 turn of "slop," the boxes are rebuildable. Parts and/or replacement boxes are available from Midwest Military, Vintage Power Wagons, and (with a bit of luck) even your nearest NAPA store.

FrankUSMC

Looks to have the marine lifting brackets in the rear. Is it a Marine Corps truck?
Looks good, you did well.
One of the few, Frank

Frank Thank you not sure the gentleman i got it from bought it for his boy but he did not want it he know nothing about it. I am going to have to go the bond way to get a title :( My next question is today will playing it stopped and would not crank after awhile of trill and era found out he put a 12v elec fuel pump and the 24v system fried it gravity feed gas to carb and it ran fine. do they make a 24v fuel pump or how do i reduce 24 to 12 to run another 12 pump? changed all fluids today also they looked bad.

AMGeneral

Kenneth,
Did you buy this truck from a mini storage place in Lenoir?If so,beware,the top has quite a bit of bondo in it.If you need any help pm or call me.
Brandon

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Looks good Kenneth, congratulations

ONTOS66

M37 is a great truck. I drove one for awhile in Vietnam - including a few beach landings - nothing like surfing with a truck and trailer! Looks like yours has lots of potential. Good luck with your project. There are lots of parts available if you shop around a bit - and who knows what some member might have tucked away under their bed.
:D