• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally got a Deuce!

hkyplr18

After 3 years of searching on and off and a little convincing of the wife I bought one!

1987 M35A2C Ex- Air Force
Michelin 11.00's
Personnel heater
D Turbo
13,500 miles/ 550hrs
Came with a cargo cover/bows etc
Runs great and I just made the 120 mile journey home without any issues.IMG_2908.jpgimagejpeg_0.jpg

Last edited:

hkyplr18

Thanks guys! I also want to thank Clinto for a lot of help on this Deuce and showing me around his place a few years ago.

cobra5

Good looking truck. Has anyone noticed how almost all the late model (1980's) "Air-Force" deuces have soft tops ?
I think it depends on the location. I bought mine a few years ago from a batch of trucks sold out of Fairchild AFB in Spokane and all of them had hard tops. Also his interior is paint desert sand so if it went over to the sand box they most likely dumped the hardtop for a soft top.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice looking! Tires just like that are a future goal of mine (dang you green disease and the immobile wrecker in my driveway... hah)

SignalNco

Wow, nice looking truck. Mines a former AF Deuce as well. I have a full set of Michelin XZL's and rims for mine but I can't make up my mind if I am going to swap them out or just leave it "stock". I have heard pros and cons for both.

Flyingvan911

Nice! Ditto on checking out the KAMO rally. It's a bunch of fun and has some nice trails for getting that truck out to play in its native habitat.

rustystud

I think it depends on the location. I bought mine a few years ago from a batch of trucks sold out of Fairchild AFB in Spokane and all of them had hard tops. Also his interior is paint desert sand so if it went over to the sand box they most likely dumped the hardtop for a soft top.
Yours was also a late 1980's model ? I have never seen a 1987-88 Air-Force deuce with a hard top yet. You would think in the Pacific Northwest you would have a hard top. There's not many times you can run one around here with the top off. Unless you like getting wet !