• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally got an M38

Milbikes

I have always liked M38 and M38A1 Jeeps, but finding an un-rusted one up here in New England is a tough find. My search is over! I am really happy to have found this one. I know it is a good one, because I am having the urge to name it (A rare occurrence that only seems to happen with 'special' vehicles). It had one owner from the day it was sold off as surplus. I am looking forward to getting it back on it's feet. It has the original tires, plastic headlight etc.

Attachments

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
that's a great looking score. you've got a lot of good stuff to work with including a full windshield wiper set. a little work and some paint and you'll be up and running!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Sweet!

jeeplvr247

Looks like a great start for a project with really solid bones, good find. I think my next Jeep will be an M38, I can feel the flatty fever starting already. I need an MA, MB, and a MC to round out my collection.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Once you have had a flat-fender jeep, you will wonder how you got buy without it before! And you will always yearn for one from now on....

Milbikes

Years ago I had an M38 that I had to sell during a stretch of no work. I always missed it. Then I had a 1946 CJ2A that my daughter learned to drive when she was eight. Easy, with some blocks on the pedals and low-range. Sold that one to a friend to finance a roof on our new-to-us 1850 farmhouse. My wife didn't want me up on the roof, so I had to pay somebody to do it. Now I have enough "stuff" that I could part with if needed, so this Jeep is safe from the 'for sale' sign.

I got the top bows, top, side curtains and doors with it, but the top bow brackets are missing. I'll need to find some of them. As soon as my work slows down a bit, I'll start checking things over more closely. For now I just sit in it occasionally and think ahead... H.

Milbikes

Been dealing with some health issues, but looking to the future. I have been looking at the wiring in the Jeep, it's pretty dry and I think a safety issue. Can I use a Greek or US M38A1 lighting harness or engine compartment harness in it without major modifications? My three way light switch is the model with one large terminal. I have tried to research the forum, but haven't found much info yet. H.

Milbikes

Checking out the steering parts....the bell crank assembly is really loose! Tye rod ends seem nice. So I will be tackling the bell crank repair as soon as I get the parts in. Are NOS better than modern made replacements? Seems odd to ask...... I would think NOS was made to better tolerances, while today's metallurgy "might" be better depending on what country the part comes from. H.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks