• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally got it!

USMC6062

I picked my deuce up today, and got to try out my new tow bar I built. Everything went smooth, and the truck ran great. The only snagg was when I asked about my SF97 the site manager said that I didn't have to fill one out, that they already have my title in Utah I believe. She said people have been complaining about how long it takes to get a title, so they are trying to speed things up, and I should recieve some paperwork in 4 or 5 days. The problem is GL had a couple type-o's in their listing of the registration number, when I informered her of that, she said she will email the people in Utah and see if they can straighten it out. I told her if they just put the serial number on the title I would be fine, but I'll have to wait and see. The chalk marks on the door had the right numbers, so hopefully the site manager is the only one who messed up.

Attachments

M1075

Looks great! :driver:

That ford is impressive too. What did you need to tow bar for? To start it?

Any chance you know what the tires were on the other deuce?

USMC6062

No, they won't let you drive it off the lot, although I think you could get away with it. Once the guy took me back there and I signed the paper he left. Yeah my buddy just got that truck a couple month ago, he special ordered it with all kinds of neat features, dual alternators, pto ready trans, single wheel 1 ton, etc. It just got beat up in a hail storm 2 nights ago, he's taking it well, I would be sick. The tires on the other truck were brand new Firestones 1100R20's, I didn't see the model though. That truck sold for around $2500, so somebody basically bought the tires and got a truck for free.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guessing you just towed it outside the gate. How far did you did you tow before you made the switch? Do you rent out your tow bar? The outher truck in pics looks like mine. Looks like I will be in the same boat in Jax. soon. James

USMC6062

I towed it to the 84 Lumber right next door and unhooked it there. You can probably just hook a rope or chain to it and pull it out that way, I rode in mine just in case something broke loose it wouldn't hit my friends truck. I would rather not lend out my towbar, only because I have so much work in it, but if I'm off when you go to get yours, let me know and I might be able to help.

TommyG45

USMC,

Did you have some type of temp registration for the truck, insurance?.. I would love to get one from GL, but how can you take it over the road legally, even towing it, doesn't it need to be registered? With all the waiting for the SF97, and getting it titled, and then registered..bla bla bla...

Would love to know how the guys are doing it...

I purchased mine from Indiana, and had it flat beded in... $$$$$ Not so much fun. If there is some other way to do it, Iwould love to know.

Excellent looking truck, congrats.

TG

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a thread on those tires somewhere. I took pics of them while I was there fetchin a trailer. Looks good USMC6062.

USMC6062

As far as registration, I just had the bill of sale. As far as insurance, I've always been told that your insurance company will cover a vehicle for 30 days automaticaly when you purchase it. Well I didn't want to just go off of what I was told so I did some digging on Progressives web site and it is true. What ever kind of coverage you have on your current policy transfers to your newly purchased vehicle, and it says right on there that you don't even have to notify them. I even tried calling Proggresive before I found this out and I could tell the guy I talked to didn't know, so he was just giving me the easy answer to just add it to my policy. I didn't want to have to activate and then cancel a policy for a 15 mile trip. Now that it's home I don't plan on driving it on the road untill I get my title, then I'll get some sort of collectors insurance on it.

TommyG45

USMC6062 said:
As far as registration, I just had the bill of sale. As far as insurance, I've always been told that your insurance company will cover a vehicle for 30 days automaticaly when you purchase it. Well I didn't want to just go off of what I was told so I did some digging on Progressives web site and it is true. What ever kind of coverage you have on your current policy transfers to your newly purchased vehicle, and it says right on there that you don't even have to notify them. I even tried calling Proggresive before I found this out and I could tell the guy I talked to didn't know, so he was just giving me the easy answer to just add it to my policy. I didn't want to have to activate and then cancel a policy for a 15 mile trip. Now that it's home I don't plan on driving it on the road untill I get my title, then I'll get some sort of collectors insurance on it.
Thanks,

I was aware of the insurance, I think that common. I use State Farm same thing. I guess it's just a calculted risk of getting pulled over without a plate people are willng to risk it. Your trip wasn't too far, I would do the same thing. For 284 miles, I guess I will stick with the flatbed, not even attempt to tow that far. I guess the police don't pull over deuces lol

Just wondering, thanks for sharing.

TG

LibertyDeuce

I use Geico Insurance. Added my Deuce to my policy before I went to pick it up in San Antonio, TX. Went to the County Clerks office with the Insurance ID cards and got a Texas Temp to drive home to NY.

rockman

Great looking truck and getting a runner is a plus also. Ford superduties are real nice trucks. A buddy has a F350 supercab dually that get around 18 miles pergallon with the powerstroke. Pretty amazing for a large truck..

cleb

I know a lot of insurance companies will not insure vehicles over 1ton. I wonder if you were to get in an accident, if they would be inclined not to cover you, since they don't insure vehicles >1ton? I know my insurance company for the car (Ameriprise) wouldn't insure the deuce, I went with Gulfway for that. $164 a year for the deuce, not a bad deal, considering I'm still under 25.

USMC6062

I'm not sure if the GL site manager said Utah or Arizona, but somewhere out that way. She said they are getting the titles ahead of time so that you don't have to wait on the whole SF97 process, because a lot of people have been complaining of the time wait. She said I should get some paper work in a week from me picking it up. Tommorow is a week, so if I don't get something today I'm supposed to call her and find out whats going on.