• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally got my Florida Tag and title

Sintorion

After hours on end of research, multiple calls to DHSMV, 3 trips to the regional MV office, $166 ($40 of which will be refunded), and two months of time, I finally have my title and tag. My tag number ends in 000 which is the first one that this office has issued. Being a new process created a lot of challenges. I was lied to multiple times and continually ignored in what I assume was an attempt make me give up. Everyone I talked to tried to tell me that I either couldn't do it or that I was wasting my time. On my second MV visit after a half hour of conversation another customer even said to me "they really don't want to do what you are asking". I couldn't figure out if it was that they didn't want to help or simply didn't know what they were doing. In the end I was able to achieve what I was seeking and hopefully it will be easier for the next person.

Some interesting points about the Florida tag and title -
1. Registration doesn't expire. I guess this is similar to the trailer tag that they don't expire
2. Title has no exclusions. It looks no different than the title for my truck or MDX. It contains all the information as any other title.
3. Registration includes the restrictions about use and appearance. The registration which is standard includes along with car seat requirements and insurance also includes the restrictions.
4. Tag state "restricted use only". It actually looks like government tag.

I know this isn't a full unrestricted title and registration, but for what I am using it for, it works for me.

springbok

He never stated that it was titled for "On Road" use.
3. Registration includes the restrictions about use and appearance. The registration which is standard includes along with car seat requirements and insurance also includes the restrictions.
4. Tag state "restricted use only". It actually looks like government tag.

Sintorion

HMMWV Titling Questions.
The newly released HWWMVs are being sold with an "Off Road Use Only" restriction. Any discussion on having your HMMWV titled as "on-road" or how to get the vehicles titled for "on road use" will get you banned from the site. See this thread for more details.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthr...-HMMWV-Titling

Thanks for your concern and appreciate the opportunity to educate you on the process that the state of Florida has taken to create a method to legally title and register former military vehicles. I am glad you didn't just see this thread and think that this posting was in some way a brag about a way to do something illegal. You see the state of Florida has established rules regarding the registration and titling of former military vehicles. You can find all the details here - http://www.flhsmv.gov/dmv/bulletins/2016/ta_rstl16-022.pdf This is exactly the process I have followed and it is 100% legal.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks