• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally got my M1009, SAWEET!!!

DanzboysM1009

SS Crew-

Well, the day finally came and I picked up my M1009 this weekend, totally stoked. The body is pretty rough, but it's great mechanically. It has 61,779 miles on it, still has all the black out switches and connections in the cab. The guy I bought from said it needed the rear brakes bled after replacing a line, was able to do that on the way home for $10. I'm gonna replace the exhaust because I think there's a leak. He said there was a radiator leak and needed replaced, but as I ran it around to get it to leak, it appears it's the lower heater hose coming from the water pump. I saw fluid squirting out from there as I had it running, that should be an easy fix. Other than that, like I said the body is a bit rough, but it's a toy and a run around truck, so we'll fix problems as they come up. Anyway, wanted to say hello and glad to be part of the ranks.

LCDR Dan

Attachments

DanzboysM1009

Thanks all, I appreciate it. Regarding the paint job, that's how I got it and it's actually paint, not a wrap, you believe that? It's way cool how detailed it is. I have a few questions though:

1. Is there a stock spare tire mount for the rear?
2. Anyone know a good place to get the tow shackles? I have the 2 front ones, but need the rears.

Any and all help is appreciated.

LCDR Dan

ctmustang

Thanks all, I appreciate it. Regarding the paint job, that's how I got it and it's actually paint, not a wrap, you believe that? It's way cool how detailed it is. I have a few questions though:

2. Anyone know a good place to get the tow shackles? I have the 2 front ones, but need the rears.

LCDR Dan
There are always shackles on E-Bay but be careful and dont pay too much or an SS member with extra may sell a couple. Looks nice-Good Luck with it and enjoy:beer:

BikerBi11

Good lookin war wagon! I have the main part of the spare mount. It is missing the bolt and spinner. got a few other Blazer parts laying around. PM me and i will give you a price. Also let me know what else youmight need!

imbobbbb

Hey,good to see another local cucv!I'm up in hedgesville,there are quite a few floating around here.I know a guy with quite a few parts......getting him to part with any is the challenge.

chuck0070

LCDR Dan

I have seen the shackles on eBay. Welcome to the site, good luck with your rig!

GPrez

Welcome. I'm just a hop skip and a jump away from you. Nice looking machine. They are alot of fun to drive and tinker with.