• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally got one! Now gotta get her home

mooresM35A2

Finally got my first mv and it couldn't be sweeter. It's a 42 352 and its 3.5 hours away. I was wondering if you fine fellas could give me some dimensions on it. I need to know the exact width because my buddy says he can bring it home but his gooseneck is only eight feet wide.

FrankUSMC

Short wheel base without winch, they were mainly used to haul artillery. I had two CCKWs, a closed cab that I LOVED!!! and a very rear air transportable open cab CCKW (it was designed to be taken apart to fit into two C47s).
Great trucks, a little on the lite side for hauling, you will love the truck.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

SD T16

Congratulations! Whats her name? She looks nice....why don't you just drive her home. Sounds like a nice drive to get to know her.

We have logged thousands of miles on ours in the 21 years we have had her.

Cheers!

Sean

IMG_9720.jpgIMG_8606.jpgIMG_9559.jpg

gerrykan

I would remove the canvas, if the trip will be at highway speeds.
It will save some wear and tear, or possible destruction if the canvas is very old.

mooresM35A2

Thanks everyone for the enthusiasm. The canvas is pretty new but yes we are going to remove it. It runs sweet too. It starts faster than a brand new truck. Should have it in about a week or a week and a half.

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
SD T16: I've had the pleasure of riding in Plain Jane Doe many times! :) I've known your parents for over over a decade. I met them when I was a member of the FFC. Did you have to use her during all of the flooding in NPR?

Last edited:

mooresM35A2

duece.jpg
Got her home safe. Had some play time out on the field roads yesterday evening.
She actually has a couple issues. It likes to fall on its face when you go to take off or put a load on the engine. that's the biggest thing

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks