• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally got that Genny I always wanted! Be careful what you wish for, you may just...

PATRIOT1

... you may just have to recover it from Iowa!!

Well... I finally got the 30kw genset/on trailer that I wanted... Just won from Johnston, Iowa location. Any advice on getting 'er home to Central Ohio?? (before I go to uShip)... I'd appreciate anyone with experience getting from this location (or closeby)... Thanks for any help, guys!!

ref:
[h=1]1990 John R. Hollingsworth MDL: MEP005AAS
30 kw diesel generator set (on 2 1/2 ton, dually trailer) - total weight approx. 6700 lbs.[/h]

fasttruck

Got a 2/12 ton or larger military truck ? No problem. Check air pressure in all 4 tires, lights work, hook up airlines correctly to towing vehicle. Make sure safety pin
is in pintle hitch. Commercial truck of same size ? a 12 volt light bar will be required for lights. Pick up truck for prime mover ? Forgettaboutit. Load too heavy, drawbar too low, no air brakes, licensed for weight ? License plate and insurance ?

PATRIOT1

Thanks fasttruck. I do have a M939A2, but the 11 hours each way gives me pause (and diesel cost nightmares)... So I'm not going to attempt with my F-150 either, lol. I'm thinking it needs to be hauled, given unknown status of four dually tires/wheels and axles/brakes. Anyone know a reliable/economical hauler out that way, before I check with UShip?

Dale1936

I would put it up for bid and let the lowest bidder provide the service. I have to check what company ended up moving a care for me cross country several years ago. This service is very competitive and the bidders are very aggressive. It worked well for me. I can post the information after I get off work tonight.

I purchased a 30 KW JR Hollingsworth less than a month ago. No trailer just on skids. It was heavy. I estimated about 3,000 lbs. Slow moving with my Dodge Ram and a 16 ft flatbed trailer.

Good Luck.

Dale
Pensacola,FL

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are a couple of Transportation companies that are advertising here on S.S..................might be worth a quick look see.