• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally got the M1009 from Sparta

Melvinitis

Huge thanks to Steel Soldier Westech! He, with me riding, hauled my M1009 200 miles today to my mechanic for an engine swap. My M1028 engine is shot, it was easier and cheaper to buy this M1009 than get a rebuilt...
The sad thing is the blazer is in great shape, turned over with one turn, no smoke, no rust, as long as you don't look at the floor. Some one explain that to me, the inside floor is rusted through in areas, the rest of the body, frame etc, little or no rust!
The driver door was in the cargo area, can anyone explain that?

Attachments

Last edited:

3dubs

Do not know what is wrong with your engine but I busted mine down and replaced the rings. While I was at it I added a stud girdle and replaced the injection pump. It cost me $500-$600. I rebuilt it under a picnic tent! Diesel engines do not brake down like gas engines so they charge more because they do not get as much work.

Melvinitis

I was figuring they must have left the rubber floor in too long... dut it is just amazing how the rest is in near perfect shape.
But why, why would they remove the driver door? Theory is last unit that had it was using it for police call or something, but the had receipt in the glove box shows it was checked out a year ago for someone's AT.
I do have a posting in the classifieds, so those interested, see the posting. I am leaning towards getting rid of the whole thing rather than "hasling" with parting it out myself.

citizensoldier

Good job jack! yep! Thats the rubber mat and foam insulation moisture trick.. That is a straight blazer! I could use the doors if they are for sale?? Tailgate? Man how much for it without the motor?? Hehehehe..

linx310

I could use the antenna mounts and brackets...hehe And the little plastic piece that shows what gear you are in...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks