• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally got the M1009 home

Well, after finally getting schedules to work out, I got the M1009 home last night after getting stuck in a snowstorm and wipers on tow vehicle deciding they were gonna take a break. Some of you may remember member rocarter that was having starter/relay/solenoid issues. I see where several of you guys tried helping him. Well. that nightmare is now mine. I traded him a jeep cherokee for the M1009. He decided this electrical system was more than he wanted to mess with and decided to let it go. I now am going to go through and undo/put back to original all the mayham from the previous repair attempts. So far I have found 2 crispy wires on the 12 volt side and 1 bad fusible link. It looks as though someone tried the doghead relay conversion??? It will be completely redone as I have no way of knowing what relay is in there right now. Thanks to doghead(doghead relay swap) and steelsoldiers.com(countless pages of tech info) and members(tons of goodies from you guys), this thing should be on the road shortly. I know alot of you folks like to keep these original but I have a D60 and corp 14 that is gonna find it's way in to this M1009. Now, does anyone know how to decipher the bumper numbers? Will these give any info on the history? Thanks in advance!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks