• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

finally got the new rubber on

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i finally finished the tire changing, putting the 1600s on the M816. i think it done in my 20t jack, but it was old anyway. changed the bad seals and one new wheel clyinder. pics are included this time i hope Tim

Attachments

M1075

Re: RE: finally got the new rubber on

maddawg308 said:
Too big for off-road use now. A little flex in the springs, and you're rubbing your meat on the bed....
Are you sure on the rubbing or just guessing? Maybe some members with the 1600s could verify. I'd like to step up to 1600s but have wondered about the rubbing.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
there isnt much flex on the wrecker suspension. the bigger tires would have to be better off road. i bought 6 michelins and 2 goodyears in the two pacs from GL. on one mich had BAD wrote 3 times and one other one had some real scares and missing lugs. so i decided to run the brand new unused Goodyears on the front. same size but differnent treads. i have a spare wheel and tires just need another valve stem but dont know if i can mount it on the truck. anyone have a suggestion. Tim

rizzo

timntrucks said:
there isnt much flex on the wrecker suspension. the bigger tires would have to be better off road. i bought 6 michelins and 2 goodyears in the two pacs from GL. on one mich had BAD wrote 3 times and one other one had some real scares and missing lugs. so i decided to run the brand new unused Goodyears on the front. same size but differnent treads. i have a spare wheel and tires just need another valve stem but dont know if i can mount it on the truck. anyone have a suggestion. Tim
Looks good Tim [thumbzup]

I also have two goodyears on the front and 4 xzl's on the rear.

I have not seen or felt my rears hit the bed. I have a pic of them flexed a little in my stuck thread

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=11759

I am running 100lbs of air and it rides like a caddy. I was clocked at 70 with a chase car today. Fastest I had it was 2500rpms. It rode great. couldnt tell it was 70mph

dma251

Here we go again.... The famous rub or no rub issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iraPQW0_gLQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV_07EGI9FU

I put 16-20 XL's on my M813A1 and never had any rubbing at all. It's close, but no touching at all. I have since twisted the truck up pretty severely compacting automobiles (recklessly) and still no rubbing. I realize this is a cargo truck, and the truck mentioned above is a wrecker and maybe that's a different story. Still, anyone that's NOT putting 16-20's on a 5-ton just because they are afraid of rubbing is really missing the boat.

I still wanted the look of a higher bed, so I did a 3" bed lift, but it was completely unnecessary for clearance reasons. See the thread below.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=100678&highlight=#100678

jwaller

sorry but I have searched and searched old threads but I am having trouble getting the info I want.

what is the height of the 16x20 XL? and for that matter all the popular upsized tires.

I am trying to find some affordable tire/wheel combo for my 818. it looks like I will need combat wheels no matter what tire I get.

I think the 14x20 is about 49' tall maybe 46'? from a bridge truck thread
and the 11x20 is 41-42' tall.

never mind I found all the tires heights I needed on usa 6x6's site. I think we need to make this a sticky on top of the 5T forums

M1075

1100s are about 42", 1200s are about 44", 1400s are about 49", and 1600s are about 52"

Actual diameter could vary 2" or more, depending on tread.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks