• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

finally got the new rubber on

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
driving the truck is much easier now than before with no bump bump bump that the old tires had. so smooth, i think i really liked the 1400s a little better but didnt want to be kicking my a over and over again and saying i should have...

jwaller

rizzo said:
I have 4 XZL's on good shape for $400. PM if interested. I could get them down to Piedmont, SC for free
um. very interested. I say sold. free shipping makes the deal for me. how much tread do you say is left? are they 70-80-90% good? these are the 16-20's? any way you can scare up 2 more? :)

M1075

Although I haven't made the swap just yet, I think the 395/85R20 would be a good looking tire for my multifuel tractor (M52A2). I feel any cummins truck should get the 14.00s or bigger and I prefer the 16.00s on a long wheel base truck. M.Walker put 16.00s on his tractor last year and has some great pics and info to share. Have you seen this thread?

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=8950&start=0

Attachments

jwaller

rizzo said:
I will get pics of eash one. I think I can get 2 more. I will have to check.

I do have 2 good years
awesome. I dont really care about brands. I can mix them up. let me know if you can find all 6 that would be awesome. I'd rather give my $ to somebody here than anywhere else.

jwaller

M1075 said:
Although I haven't made the swap just yet, I think the 395/85R20 would be a good looking tire for my multifuel tractor (M52A2). I feel any cummins truck should get the 14.00s or bigger and I prefer the 16.00s on a long wheel base truck. M.Walker put 16.00s on his tractor last year and has some great pics and info to share. Have you seen this thread?

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=8950&start=0
thank you(thats exactly what I plan to run) and yes I knew I saw those pics somewhere and I've been pm'ing him. he said he cant hook to his trailer so I'm trying to find out if the 16's are too tall for the 5th wheel plate. I wouldn't think so. I know it wouldn't be an issue with my M270 but I also need to be able to pull some civy trailers as well.

M1075

I actually talked with M.Walker last night on the phone and he has been having some computer problems, that is why he is MIA. He said the 16.00s just caused his trailer to slope too much and wanted to add larger tires to the trailer to compensate for the increased height of the 5th wheel. His trailer has 900x20s. The M270 has the 11.00s so you could always add the same size tires on the trailer! Can you imagine a M818 pulling a M270 with 1600s all the way around? That might defeat the purpose of the step deck on the M270 but it isn't that low to begin with. If you leave the 1100s on the trailer, the front of the trailer is going to be about 5" higher than the rear. That is not much slope over 50' of trailer length.

jwaller

you are right. I figured 5' of slope and that even makes the rear better for loading. so thats cool. the more I looked at his pics if didnt look like there were any problem with 5th wheel height and tire size.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks