• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally happened to me-no brakes

tiger422

My 2cents all these trucks have been sitting a long time and the entire brake system should be rebuilt or replaced to be safe on the road.
Cheep insurance.

Jim

littlebob

My 2cents all these trucks have been sitting a long time and the entire brake system should be rebuilt or replaced to be safe on the road.
Cheep insurance.

Jim
If you can afford it this is what I would do/did. my problem is that our humidity down here caused problems and i changed the parts as time allowed. Unless you live in a really dry climate don't use my method. i'm now having to redo some things I've already done.
To explain the delay, I kept finding things I felt needed to be changed. Some of the rubber lines were iffy, some of the steel were kinked or iffy. don't take any chances on a single circuit system.

tm america

yes air packs can leak fluid back to the air system and a bad air pack can give you no brakes if the valve that meters fluid to the air boost doesnt open it can cause a hydro lock .it has been talked about in other threads

Last edited:

tm america

if you are getting fluid to the bleeder on the air pack and nothing at the wheel cylinder bleeders that should tell you the air pack is the problem.easy to figure that one out .bleeders are great tools for diagnoising your brake system use them wisely

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now this is a useful response. I think he already knows something is wrong. Hence the request for help. Sorry OP. for the rant
You can argue Jwallers post may have been a little harsh but he does have a valid point.

When you check your MC and it's dry it's a bad idea to just refill it and drive away as had been done in the past by the OP.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks