• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally have a 6x6! M-817 from SD

DUECE-COUPE

the document you found is used to classify the vehicle, the code classification of a vehicle indicates weather it will be repairable or unserviceable. your truck was turned in code "H" because it had reached it's MEL (MAXIMUM EXPENDITURE LIMIT), essentially, the army determined that this truck was NOT economically repairable. The good news, was that nothing was wrong with it that dead lined it. you have a very well equipped vehicle that has a winch, hard top, and hydraulics. VERY GOOD BUY!!!!

racolton

the document you found is used to classify the vehicle, the code classification of a vehicle indicates weather it will be repairable or unserviceable. your truck was turned in code "H" because it had reached it's MEL (MAXIMUM EXPENDITURE LIMIT), essentially, the army determined that this truck was NOT economically repairable. The good news, was that nothing was wrong with it that dead lined it. you have a very well equipped vehicle that has a winch, hard top, and hydraulics. VERY GOOD BUY!!!!
Great to know! I was very happy to see from the sheet that the only thing they found wrong was some paint issues and a couple of dripping leaks!

I have one of these. I think the bed lock down does not come on these because the bed "powers" up and down. Thus it isn't moving unless the engine is running and the "raise/lower" lever is pulled.

Within 6 months of getting mine I pulled my neighbor's large dump truck out of the ditch in front of his house. :cool: His trailer hitch was 1" deep in the asphalt. I don't think the M817 actually sounded like it was "working" during the event.

I have also met several of my neighbors, that I never saw before, that came by to look it over. Many others wave when I drive around the block.:driver:
It helps you to know I have been in this house 30 years.
I always offer a ride. There is always time for a bit of PR.:driver::driver::driver::driver:

e

greenjeepster

Safety first... Glad to see you used the wheel chock. Then you raised the bed removing the wheel chock and allowed a child stand between the tandems aua

Nice truck, but be safe

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks