• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally it blew smoke!

DDT

I just fired up my rebuilt m1009 after many questions posted on this site and some help from cucv electrical! I had a 24v short to ground from the passenger alt. This equaled alot of smoke, burnt fuses, spot welded connections.

Next issue was no glow plugs, replaced relay with a napa st85, then I had no "wait light" and no "click" at the relay withthe ign on. Pulled the GP card and found out that the light blue wire is the gound for the relay, gounded it and the relay clicked. So gounded the dark blue wire and the wait light made an apprearance. So looks like my GP card is at fault as the lines are good. Just ordered a new card from CUCV Electrical $80 can't beat it, they are great at helping you out as well!

I gounded the relay from the spade for 5 sec with 5 sec interval of wait time spanning 3 times and we had combustion! It always feels good when you do a full rebuild and that first start up is in the books....however it looks like the oil pan semi circle seal next to the fly wheel is leaking. So a small price to pay. I was glad it wasn't the oil cooler lines or turbo line.

I took it for a small 1/4 mile spin around the block at 2230hrs...with no exhaust installed, banks turbo whistling its heart off, leaking oil, no lights, pretty weak brakes, but it felt great.

Tomorrow the belts will be adjusted, oil pan resealed, and then I have to see why the head lights are not working...switch, fuse, or are the black out lights working a little too good......wish I could find those hackers too

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks