• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally...New Owner

ATC

Well...after a couple years of lurking, I finally took the plunge and bought one from the classifieds here. 1968 M35A2. Came from the Army National Guard if I remember right. The white canvas top was made at a boat-yard out of vynal, and suprisingly fits very nice and looks near factory.

It's got a small rust spot on the driver's side "rocker panel", the front axle and far rear axle need a pinion seal, and it could use a rear main seal. They aren't leaking enough for me to brave the cold weather to fix however. Front windshields are cracked as well.

Other than that, she's a great truck so far. Runs great, stops great, and rides great. Once spring comes around, I'm gunna go from front to rear and change all the fluids, install spin-on oil filters, change the fuel filters, install a pyro, and check all the brakes.

I also plan to repaint the interior in the spring, and start painting the entire truck shortly after that. 3-color camo.

I do have a couple questions however.

How do I turn up the idle? It idles at 700rpm now, and I would like it a little higher (around 850rpm or so). Front marker lights shake like crazy and the engine side panels rattle. I use the throttle cable to hold it at 800rpm while warming it up or letting it cool down.

Also, how would I go about checking the brake fluid level in the master cylinder? There is a fitting on the top of the MC, and a hard line runs from that down to a T on the crossmember right below. I don't want to disconnect that line for fear of getting air in it. I'll try to snap a picture of it tomorrow. It looks different from any other picture I've seen on here. The brakes work great and the pedal feels awesome.

I have some pictures, but they are on my other computer. I will take some more tomorrow and post them here

DanMartin

Welcome to SS ATC!

There's a throttle lever on the left of the dash....pull that out a notch or two.

Please download, read, and understand the -10 manual for the deuces. That will answer your other question and many others you haven't asked yet. :)

Please post those pics soon...we'd all love to see your deuce.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Welcome to the Dark (Green) side:twisted:.
We have cookies!
Try to attend any rallys in your area. They are a great place to meet fellow MV'ers and pick the brain of resident experts (although in many cases the pickings are real slimrofl)

nk14zp

The line on top of mc is a vent line it has to come off to check mc level. Dont worry about air its the only thing that should be in the line.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great looking truck. Cool tires. If you decide to put NDCCs back on the truck, you may want to contact John Winslow. A few years back he wanted to trade me some NDCCs for some radials I had on a truck because he drives his truck on the road mainly and prefers the radials. Any way, not saying you should replace the tires...only suggesting a source if you want to consider a trade. Congratulations on your new ride!

rockman

Nice truck and you will like teh mud and snow tires. I had some and they were good for traction. The guage locations look different to me..

Bill

ATC

Great looking truck. Cool tires. If you decide to put NDCCs back on the truck, you may want to contact John Winslow. A few years back he wanted to trade me some NDCCs for some radials I had on a truck because he drives his truck on the road mainly and prefers the radials. Any way, not saying you should replace the tires...only suggesting a source if you want to consider a trade. Congratulations on your new ride!
Thanks for the tip. I think I'll keep these until they wear out. Tires are expensive, plus I will be going where I need a lot of traction (while towing), and I've heard the NDT's have horrible traction. The front tires have about 50-60% on them...so they will be the first to go.

The heater fan does work, however the hoses are tied off under the hood, and the coolant hoses on the engine are looped together. I don't know if there is something wrong with the heater core or not. One of the hoses from the firewall was resting on the turbo's down pipe, so it needs to be replaced.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks